1st time, 1st day, looking for some support!

Jon's wife

I had a head ache ( probably withdrawls from sugar) but I am holding my own.  I think I need to look at this month in 1 week segments, easier to manage.   I did order the book today, need a little more encouragement that this will be the BEST choice long term.  Also I would like to see why no dairy.  How about you?  :)

• Moderators

@Jon's wife while you're waiting for your book, you can read through these articles for some basic summary of the why behind the rules. I don't know which book you ordered, but It Starts With Food has more of the science behind the program, while The Whole30 has more of the how to do a Whole30 with tips and recipes.

I am on day 23 and I will tell you this that you can do it! The first week is the hardest but once you get through it it is worth it! Read the book It Starts with Food it explains so much and makes so much sense. 

I am feeling great and I honestly love the food I am eating and I am not missing any of the old food. Another piece of advice is once you are into the program don't be afraid to try some of the recipes they are delicious. Plus you don't want to get stuck eating the same thing over and over because that gets boring. 

Good luck!

Efox,Thanks for the encouragement.  I have done a liquid diet for 3 weeks, and was surprised how food didn't have the same appeal, although I missed chewing!   Yes, I need to spend some time looking at recipes.  I will be going to South America in January ( we have an orphanage there, so I will be looking for recipes that do not need the specialty items.

Archived