Peeing A LOT

I didn't know where to post this but I am on day 10 and I guess I have upped my water consupmtion a tad but not enough to be up 2-3 times a night! Anyone else? I guess since I am coming from a "high carb" background maybe my body is releasing extra water? Hopefully it will curb off sometime soon

Besides that I feel fantastic and am loving this lifestyle change, I'd just like to sleep more at night:)

Most people eating the typical American diet are chronically mildly dehydrated. This way of eating emphasizes drinking adequate water and consuming large amounts of plant-based foods (which also contain quite a bit of water). The dehydrated body tends to hold onto water because it isn't sure when, or how much, more will be available. After a week or so on this diet, your body starts to trust the fact that adequate hydration is now easily obtainable, and will begin to let go of the water stored in your tissues. While mildly annoying, you should take it as another sign that your body is starting to operate closer to the way it was meant to. In a couple of days, the excess is gone, and you should be fine.

I've been peeing 2-3 times a night for a long time -- maybe as long as I've been paleo, maybe longer. My doctor thinks that this disturbed sleep might be one of the reasons I'm having trouble losing the last 15 pounds. He suggested something really simple: drink less water. I currently do 3-4 liters a day, so, um, maybe that's too much. I'm trying to get used to drinking less water. I don't like it, but I really want to improve my sleep.

• 2 years later...

I've had the same problem! I'm on day 5 and the last couple nights I had to get up and go twice.. Which was particularly odd because the past couple days I have been drinking less than normal since I've been busy. Today I am on a more relaxed schedule and drinking more water, maybe a little more than my normal amount and I have been in an out of the bathroom all day! I don't know what it is. It would make more sense if it was just at night since I've had trouble with that before. A lot of kids wet the bed at night, or adults have to go frequently in the night because they suffer from high stress or anxiety during the day. Then when the body relaxes at night, the bladder can become more active. I try to do yoga once or twice a day and meditate before bed to help me sleep more soundly, that helped with my frequent nightly bathroom trips, but since I've started W30 I have to go a lot as well! Hopefully it will phase out! 

Archived