Canning condiments

In the interest of saving time I was wondering if anyone has canned the mayo and ketchup, bbq sauce ect. I would prefer making big batches as it is more convenient. If so, any tips?

On August 23, 2016 at 4:17 PM, MeadowLily said:

Canning anything is noble.  Husband is rendering 12 quarts of kidney fat as we speak. Commercial, it sells for $8 pint.  He's saving a bundle.   Keep on cooking and canning with wild abandon. 

Hi MeadowLily-

i was curious about "rendering kidney fat" I didn't know kidneys had fat to render.  So, I googled it and found out all about it. To my dismay, yesterday,  I fed 1/2 of a package of leaf fat to my chickens!  I had no idea that I could render that fat... So went searching the freezer and found more pork fat (not leaf).  I'll be cranking up my crock pot tomorrow to make some pork fat!  Thanks for the inspiration.  

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I just finished canning chicken and beef bone broth.  The work that goes into making good broth warrants the effort to can the broth.  we will have top quality broth all winter with only one day invested.  Remember you will need a pressure canner for all meat products.  Good luck. 

Archived