Block Island

ashtangini

I'm going to BI for a day, take the ferry over and bike around. I was planning on packing snacks & perhaps a Swiss chard wrap but I'm not sure how it will hold up. We will have to drive 1.5 hours then 30 min ferry and we will probably bike for 12 miles before doing lunch on the beach. By this point my lunch cooler will be hot. I was also thinking of going to the market and picking up lunch stuff I can throw together. Any ideas of what I should do? 

Also so any restaurant suggestions for Whole30 compliance? I've been there every year for 25 years most the restaurants are the same pretty much fish and fish. 

*by snacks I refer to easy to pack on the go eats that I would eat as part of a full lunch.

11 minutes ago, NoMoreCrunchyCravings said:

Fish from a place where the catch is so fresh sounds just wonderful. Boiled lobster, raw oysters, grilled or broiled anything with lemon, parsley, olive oil and garlic. Yum! Ask for a baked potato and a green side salad and sounds like lunch is done. Mmmmmm.

We will be packing a lunch to take to the beach after our bike excursion. 

The restaurant is for dinner but the catch is fresh you are right I can do any of that raw bar, grilled fish with a baked potato and salad. That will be easy!

Good things to pack that won't mind being warm are olives, nuts, whole red and orange and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, fresh summer fruits, jerky, and an avocado. I've brought things like that in ziptop baggies in my backpack without a cooler and, though warm, nothing goes rancid within the day.

Archived