Salad dressings?

lisa11

We are just starting Whole30 on Monday and I have a question about salad dressings. If there is already an existing thread, I'd love to be redirected.

I'm terrible about making dressings and using them before they expire. I like to buy bottled dressings for this reason. Seems like most are made with soybean oil, though I have found one (Annie's Oil and Vinegar) made with sunflower/safflower oil.

Are there more pre-made ones out there that fall under the Whole30 guidelines?

Thanks!

I usually just dump a little olive oil and squeeze some lemon or pour a little vinegar over the salad, salt it, and toss it with my hands. No need to mix it ahead of time or get fancy. Once you're really rolling on the Whole 30, you'll love the clean taste of simple ingredients.

Stephanie

If you happen to live near a Hannafords, I just found four different varieties of Tessemae's dressing in the salad section at my local store today! Supposedly Target is starting to carry them as well but I have yet to have success finding a location that carries it.
Worst case scenario, they are available to shipped via the official Tessemae website or amazon.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, RosesRred said:

Hi there! Day 1 right here. :blink: wondering if whole30 has a list of compliant salad dressings? I couldn't seem to find anything on the website. 

Best thing to do is read ingredients. Tessamae's has some (usually with a w30 logo but as with anything double check). I think Primal Kitchens ranch is (I don't know since I never buy ranch). Or you can make your own. 

Archived