Starbucks

Katebrotherton

I just ordered a tall Americano at Starbucks and they called out the correct drink and wrote the correct drink on the cup, so I took it back and drank it at my desk while I was working and towards the end finally noticed that it was a latte. I am on day 9, do I have to start over tomorrow because Starbucks gave me the wrong drink?

• Moderators

Your body doesn't know the difference between accidental or intentional ingestion of dairy, sugar, and other items. There's a link in my signature to the Do I Have To Start Over article, you can read that and decide for yourself.

Thank you for your help. I have decided not to "start over" because my first thought at the idea of starting over tomorrow was that I could have a hamburger and ice cream for dinner. I am trying to overcome my emotional need for food and I think it would be damaging to my goals to start over tomorrow. I will probably add in more days at the end of my whole 30 but right now the idea of losing all the hard work I did over the last 9 days is overwhelming.

Hi there - I'm totally new to this (day 3!), so I'm offering this opinion as a true beginner. I think it's so amazing (& brave!) that you're working on your emotional need for food. You may want to really look at "what happened" - you didn't notice that you were drinking a latte. It's not really about SBX giving you the wrong drink, it's more about not even noticing the taste & texture difference. This is a great opportunity for you to take responsibility for not being mindful, and re-commit to the program. Instead of looking at it as losing all the hard work, maybe you can look at it as 9 days of practice so that you can be a total rockstar in your Whole30. 

I tend to be of the same mind as @KatrinaSimeck regarding only noticing the difference between an americano and a latte after it was gone.Where I live Starbucks doesn't have a compliant coconut milk, so for me it would have been a black americano. It may be different where you live. The ingredients of the coconut milk at Starbucks are: Water, coconut cream, cane sugar, tricalcium phosphate, coconut water concentrate, natural flavors, sea salt,carrageenan, gellan gum, corn dextrin, xanthan gum, guar gum, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin d2.

I like your idea of perhaps adding some days on at the end of the plan because really,  that is anywhere between 8-20oz of milk and that is (in my newbie mind) a huge slip and according to the rules a reason to start over. 

I'm totally new here as well and didn't even start the program yet. (Trying to find a list of what I CAN actually eat! lol)  Anyway to Katebrotherton- I would be thinking the same cheeseburger thoughts- I tend to be an "all or nothing" kind of person and if I blow a "diet" with 1 M&M, I use it as an excuse to "start tomorrow." SO...congratulations to you for not doing that- that's awesome. I really admire you. Even if you extend 9 days at the end, look at it as 9 extra days (the first 9) that your body had a rest from the poisons we all eat everyday- so it's a win win either way!! You go girl!

Archived