Apple Juice?

lessund63

• Moderators

We don't recommend drinking the juice. If there's no ingredients that are against the rules, you can have it, but we'd recommend using it in recipes that need a bit of sweetness or perhaps adding a splash to some water or tea for a change from plain water, not just drinking it straight.

• Moderators

Shannon is a very gentle moderator. My answer is different...

No you cannot drink juice during a Whole30. Juice is for sweetening a recipe or flavoring water, not for drinking. 

The Whole30 rules do not specifically say you cannot drink juice, but what the rules say make it clear that juice may be used as a sweetener. Your body is not a recipe that needs to be sweetened. :) 

Ultimately, you get to decide what you eat and drink, but if you want to experience a great Whole30, drinking a little fruit juice along the way is not going to be helpful. 

I'm not a moderator but I'm not gentle either:

Eat food! Not products! Eat your food, don't drink it! Eat meals, not snacks and follow the template (you won't find "juice" or "bars" or "apple slices with almond butter" anywhere on the template). When you drink water or coffee just drink water or coffee, don't "splash" anything else into it.

You'll find that you are both satisfied and nourished.

It's pretty simple really, and it's only 30 days.

Archived