Hard Boiled Eggs vs Other Egg Formats

Hi Team,

I was just wondering if people have noticed any difference in their digestions when eating Hard Boiled Eggs (HBEs) compared to eggs cooked another way?

Just wondering if I could be sensitive to HBE specifically or if I should probably avoid eggs all together. I have not noticed the bloating, gas, or tummy gurgles when I eat an omlete, scrambled, or fried eggs.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you for your help.

Renee

For what it's worth, I eat a couple of hard boiled eggs daily, and notice less problem with them than I do for other ways of cooking. That's probably because if they're fried, or whatever, I'm adding other ingredients that are less inert than the HBE's (like onions).

I'm wondering about this too. I never had a problem eating eggs until I started eating paleo. I've always heard that you aren't supposed to eat the same things everyday to avoid suddenly developing an allergic reaction so I wasn't eating them everday. (But definately more than I had been before.) I started getting a real stomach ache when I'd eat them (scrambled). At first I didn't know what it was because I was drinking smoothies with them that had lots of fruit and veggies. After a few more stomach aches I came to the conclusion that it is eggs but I've been tempted to try hard boiled eggs. I had a bite of egg salad the other day and was fine. In the past I've been able to eat paleo pancakes that are made up of mostly egg. I had a blood test to see if I was allergic and it came back negative.

Also after doing the Whole 30 I was wondering if it would be possible to overcome such an intolerance since I'm supposedly healing my digestive track.

So Renee for me it seems if I eat eggs straight up it bothers me but if I eat them in a baked good I am fine. (which obviously I won't be doing much anymore) Maybe try eating a half hard boiled egg without anything else and see what happens. Otherwise I would stick with scrambled and omelets and skip the HBE. I know eggs are such an easy, inexspensive protein source so I am bummed I can't eat them but nothing is worth a stomach ache!

Archived