OUCH!

Hello,

I have wrestled with restless leg syndrome all my life.  However, when I have started other diets in the past, such as medifast and now Whole 30 it gets much worse.  Had  a

terrible leg cramp last night that last 5 mins .   Anyone experienced the same?   I know that potassium is key, but it seems that eating 3-5 bananas is a no no here.  Advise?

Eating 2-5 servings of fruit depending on circumstance is okay according to ISWF.  

If your body needs 3-5 bananas a day, eat them, with meals if possible.  Snacks ARE compliant, just less recommended, is how I read it from ISWF.  

Good luck!

23 minutes ago, LKBG said:

Eating 2-5 servings of fruit depending on circumstance is okay according to ISWF.  

If your body needs 3-5 bananas a day, eat them, with meals if possible.  Snacks ARE compliant, just less recommended, is how I read it from ISWF.  

Good luck!

Eating 3 to 5 bananas could wreck havoc with your blood sugar and your hunger signals. Taking a magnesium supplement would not. :-)

And while you CAN snack, your goal should be to eat template meals so that you are able to go 4-5 hours (or more) between meals without snacking. There are situations where a snack is required (nursing mother, shift work, etc) but if so, the recommendation is to eat a mini meal (protein/fat/veggies) rather than fruit.

Archived