Your 2 Favorite/most used Condiments?

Hello! This is my first post. I am starting my first Whole 30 on 9/11, and I am trying to get everything organized and planned as well as I can ahead of time.

I plan to make a few condiments and dressings before I get started. I want to know - besides basic mayo, which I plan to make - What are you 2 MUST HAVE condiments/dips/dressings? The ones that helped you get through Whole 30. 

Thanks!
Heather

I put sunshine sauce on steamed veggies, chicken, or I dip my raw veggies in it. It's so good! I use almond butter instead of sunbutter because it's a little less expensive.

http://meljoulwan.com/2009/07/21/sunshine-sauce/

and then I use a few different kinds of tessemaes. I like the lemon garlic on veggies or to marinade salmon or chicken, or I really the the ceasar for salad.  

Mustard and homemade hot sauce. 

Also I get olives from my local Whole Foods olive bar and then chop them up in the food processor to make my own olive tapenade. You can add whatever spices you want - I generally throw in a clove of garlic and a drizzle of olive oil to make it more spreadable. 

• Administrators

Mayo and guac tied for first, second and third. :)

Sunshine in strong runner up position although I do tire of that flavour after a while. 

Edit: oh, shoot, you said besides mayo. Then I nominate hot sauce as well. ;)

This is a great thread! I'm intrigued by the sunshine sauce, which I had not come across before. I couldn't find sunflower seed butter in the small supermarket near home last night, but I have a tub of pumpkin seed butter at home. Do you think that might work as a substitute? I have some chicken in the fridge I'd like to try this new sauce with...

Thanks!

This ketchup! I eat, like, a cup of it every time I have a burger or baked "fries". It's amazeballs. :D

Also, this BBQ sauce. I've made it with peaches, blueberries, and strawberries, and it's fabulous every time! It's great on ribs and chicken. Obviously, I don't use the honey, and I sometimes add some cinnamon, allspice, and/or chopped dates to change up the flavor a little. I also only use maybe 1/4 the onion and garlic because it can get really overpowering!

Both of them take a little time to make, but I just double the recipe and keep them in mason jars for 2-3 weeks until I eat them all!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ele said:

This is a great thread! I'm intrigued by the sunshine sauce, which I had not come across before. I couldn't find sunflower seed butter in the small supermarket near home last night, but I have a tub of pumpkin seed butter at home. Do you think that might work as a substitute? I have some chicken in the fridge I'd like to try this new sauce with...

Thanks!

It should work, obviously the flavor won't be exactly the same but if you like pumpkin seed butter, it should be fine. I use almond butter most of the time when I make it, just because it's easy to find in my area. 

3 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

It should work, obviously the flavor won't be exactly the same but if you like pumpkin seed butter, it should be fine. I use almond butter most of the time when I make it, just because it's easy to find in my area. 

Thanks, I'll just have to try it and see how I like it!! :-)

Thanks for all the responses! I'm trying to prep some sauces. I bought some Frank's, and I'll start by making a lot of Mayo and use some for a couple aiolis, and I'll also make a dump ranch. I'll make vinegar based salad dressings as I go, and I am intrigued to try the sunshine sauce. In my next prep-batch I will try to make some of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived