Starting tomorrow! Are sprouts allowed?

sal_the_gal

So I'm starting on the Whole 30 tomorrow, August 29. Can anyone tell me if sprouted pulses count as banned legumes? I want to add them to my salads.

My aims for this month: to lose some weight, improve my mood and skin, get relief from a painful hip joint and have more energy

I'd love to hear from others who have seen changes in these areas/are looking for changes in similar issues! Also any tips on managing initial bad moods would be greatly appreciated! Which books from the ones written by the Hartwigs would you consider essential reading? I'm planning to order The Whole 30 today. Thank you and good luck with your Whole 30!

Bean sprouts are okay, beans  are not okay.

In reference to your questions about the books It Starts With Food provides insight into the science behind the programme. The Whole 30 book is more of a 'how to'

There are also a lot of resources here on the website and across the forums in general which you may also find useful.

Hope this helps & welcome to Whole30 :)

Sal_the_gal - I am starting tomorrow too. This will be my second whole 30. My first was Jan 2015 and at that time I lost 13 lbs, my hair and skin looked amazing and my anxiety drastically decreased. Day 4 and 5 "kill all things" is REAL. Just warn those you will be around and push through those days!!  I have read both It Starts with Food and the Whole 30 book, I found It Starts with Food to be more helpful. 

Good Luck!

I storta started Whole30 a few days ago. Still cleaning out the kitchen, so i feel i'm not following Whole30 but am eating the  right foods, been sweating a lot and shaking. I still pushing forward with the program. I want to make the changes for myself, for a better and healthier life.  Thanks

Archived