Can I have coconut butter?

Monique Cheney

I saw coconut better some where and I was wonder if that is ok while doing the Whole30? I'm just starting this week for the first time and for the past few days have been trying to come out with meals especially for breakfast that I can create to be successful.

I don't know why I don't think of AMAZON for this stuff more! I just saw they have one of my favorite brands (artisana) in coconut butter. Also artisana almond butter is the best I have found yet in regards to taste and they have that too!

Good call. I don't go to rainbow nearly enough. Mostly because it's awkwardly located and I hate that parking lot. I got my coconut butter last night. The flavor is a little stranger and more intense than I anticipated. What's everyone's favorite way to eat it?

• Moderators

I followed a recipe for making coconut butter by simply putting a bag of coconut flakes in the food processor and running it a few minutes until they turned to butter. It was okay, but not as tasty as Artisana's. I tried adding a little coconut oil to make the butter wetter and a little salt, but never liked what I made as much as what I could buy. I'm guessing that I could make good coconut butter by processing coconut meat from a fresh coconut, but haven't tried that yet.

So my coconut butter arrived on I think friday and um...for someone that didn't know what to do with it, 2/3 are gone already. I've been eating it out of the jar and with strawberries but also quickly learned you can cook with it. Today I thickened a coconut curry sauce with it, made my mashed cauliflower creamier, and gave a little more depth and silkiness to a butternut squash soup. I'm totally hooked on this stuff.

• 1 month later...

Archived