Fats aside from Avocado and Olives

TessaB

So many of the recipes I see has Avocado as the healthy fat. I do not like Avocados or even olives. I can't dig a hole in everything to add EVOO or other oils. LOL. How can I make sure every meal has the necessary amount of fats? 

You can buy refined coconut oil which has been processed in such a way that the flavour has been removed.

Other than that & the options mentioned by ArtFossil above there's duck/goose fat, tallow, schmaltz, lard, macadamia & walnut oil, fattier cuts of meat (such as brisket, ribs, skin on chicken wings) and all kinds of dressings like sunshine sauce, ranch etc

It is so hard for me to convince my brain that fats are good. I always skin and de fat my chicken. Mayo and lard are bad. Bacon is bad.

I'm on day 8 and I guess I'm just going to have to work harder at changing my thinking. I do eat bacon now and added some ghee to the pan when cooking my eggs. 

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to have to get over some of these holdbacks. I'm almost 40 so I grew up during the time that FAT IS BAD. I'm just going to continue working on changing my brain. I have come along a bit and your comments should help further along that change. 

Archived