W30 in Fairhope, AL

JCELLISON2002

Right now, my townhouse is completely packed.  I have some cut up carrots, bell peppers, mayo for dipping, cooked pork chops, cauliflower mash, boiled eggs, an avocado, a little tuna salad here, so I'm set for now.  

Tonight, I'll be flying to AL & spend a week with my husband & kids to close on a house & get settled in.  I've been in WV alone since I started W30, so I've had the house clear of non compliant food.  This is going to be tough!

I've got to have a game plan.  So far, I've got olives for the airport.  I'm going to plan on cooking while I'm home, so I'll look for things I think my family will like too.  I'll look at the restaurants in area to see which ones have the best options.  We usually eat out at seafood places, pizza places, Mexican & sandwich shops.

Seems like salads with chicken or shrimp & dressing from home may be my best bet.  Fish with mixed veggies/ sweet potato may also work.

Im doing my best because I feel like I'm going into the sugar dragon's lair!  I know the house is going to be full of foods I can't have right now & my husband has had our 3 kids by himself for the past week.  Id love it if he'd try the W30 at least while I'm visiting, but I know this is a stressful time.

Any suggestions???

Since all the cookware is in a truck,  I suppose we'll be eating out & or eating things that don't need to be cooked.  

This AM, I had a banana, nuts & eggs ( side order from Hardee's).

Lunch was a Greek salad with grilled chicken & had them hold the feta.

Im really bashful about asking what kid of oil is used, about sugar/ dairy used in prep too.  What's the best way to ask in a concise manner?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JCELLISON2002 said:

Since all the cookware is in a truck,  I suppose we'll be eating out & or eating things that don't need to be cooked.  

This AM, I had a banana, nuts & eggs ( side order from Hardee's).

Lunch was a Greek salad with grilled chicken & had them hold the feta.

Im really bashful about asking what kid of oil is used, about sugar/ dairy used in prep too.  What's the best way to ask in a concise manner?

You might find the Dining Out Guide helpful for some general tips.

If you know in advance where you're going to be eating, you can try online -- most major chain restaurants and some smaller restaurants have some information online about their allergens. Try googling the restaurant name plus allergen list if you can't find it clearly listed on the restaurant's main website. That won't get you all the information you need -- honey and sugar aren't allergens, so they're not going to be listed, for instance, and some make it hard to tell if you can pick apart meals and get something compliant, lumping everything together the way they normally serve it.

You can also call ahead during an off-time and speak to someone about what you'll need, and then you know when you walk in what to order. If you're going to be going to the same restaurant often, it's definitely worth talking to them about what you need so you'll know what you can order.

• 1 month later...

Hello,   

For entertainment, I fish.  I have a freeze full of Snapper, Wahoo , Tuna, Mahi Mahi, lobster, shrimp, and grouper.  All fresh from the ocean...to ice...to the knife...to vacuum seal.   Because the amount of fish I have, I don't purchase fish.   Unfortunately, I can't caught Salmon (there are none where I live).  Can I substitute Wahoo, Tuna or Mahi Mahi for Salmon?

Archived