Amusement Park Food

pachickadee

I am planning a Labor Day trip this weekend and will have completed my first 2 weeks of my first Whole30 and have plans to go to an amusement park.  I really don't want to lug around a backpack with compliant food...sigh...any suggestions?  Maybe have the hot sausage sandwich with peppers and onions w/o the bun?  Thanks for you ideas....

Oh boy. In my opinion you might want to haul around compliant food.  (or rent a locker, if you don't want to go back out to your car to eat) you could get lucky and find a smoked turkey leg, like I did at the fair. But I wouldn't trust the sausage ingredients to be compliant. Wouldn't it be better to be pleasantly surprised with a compliant meal than to starve or worse yet, cheat?  And think of all the money you could save. Lol. would just hate for you to risk it and end up having a miserable time. Have fun and best of luck. 

Thanks, Mo. I might have to do just that, rent a locker and put my cooler in it and go have some fun but have compliant food ready.  Every little "no thanks" I do along this journey gives me strength to just say NO:) and it builds my resolve to stay the course.  If I can resist the potato patch fries with salt and vinegar (they are cooked in peanut oil - a no no), then I can do anything.  My sister will think I am crazy!! HA

I've taken plenty of meals to go in my 'purse'  - - Fry up some summer squash or zucchini  with onipns/peppers if you like and

add chicken or ground beef / Tuna and toss with some garlic powder / compliant oil and vinegar. Add some Olives or Avocado if you like.   Piece of fruit if room..

To me it tastes great at room temp and will not spoil within that short amount of time..  I also throw in a sparkling water and get a glass with ice for a refreshing

drink.. Many times they offer fresh lemonade that you can request no added sugar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 4:03 PM, Cathy125 said:

I've taken plenty of meals to go in my 'purse'  - - Fry up some summer squash or zucchini  with onipns/peppers if you like and

add chicken or ground beef / Tuna and toss with some garlic powder / compliant oil and vinegar. Add some Olives or Avocado if you like.   Piece of fruit if room..

To me it tastes great at room temp and will not spoil within that short amount of time..  I also throw in a sparkling water and get a glass with ice for a refreshing

drink.. Many times they offer fresh lemonade that you can request no added sugar.

This sounds delicious!  Great tip.  

Archived