RxBar Okay for post WO meal?

Rnrgrl1973

• Administrators

Nope, sorry. Bars of any sort are permitted for emergency (stuck on tarmac, delayed at work for after hours meeting, etc) and not for planned or recurring food needs. Also, you need starchy veggie, not dates. Veggie replenishes muscle glycogen, fruit replenishes liver so it's not suitable for post workout. Also, your post workout should not have any fat and I believe the RX bars have nuts.

Try different things, chicken breast and sweet potato or egg whites and roasted carrots. What is the issue with eating after a workout and why is an RX bar going to be any better? Because it's sweet?

• Administrators

Try having a bite of something before you work out (I know, even less palatable) so that your stomach is somewhat "primed" for the post workout food. It doesn't have to be much, just a bite of something. I liked cold chicken thigh, it had a decent texture and was quite palatable, even super early in the morning (I used to go to the gym at 4:45am).

Skip the egg for post workout if it sounds gross. You could try chicken breast or even a hamburger patty. The less fat in your post-workout the better but if a couple meatballs is all you can manage, I wouldn't make that the hill you die on, just eat it and move on. :)

• Moderators

Legal yes. Appropriate for post-workout food? NO. Your body needs a palm-size portion of lean protein. Cold chicken breast is ideal. Whether you consume some starchy veggie with your post-workout meal is optional, depending on your energy needs and fat loss goals. 

Archived