Time between eating

I am wondering, how long I should wait after having a snack to eat a regular meal? I had a meeting scheduled to take 4 hours over lunch time and I didn't think I would make from 6am (breakfast) until a 2pm lunch (~8 hours) so I got myself a snack just before the start at 10am. Snack was a hard boiled egg, spoonful of mayo, handful of carrot sticks and handful of grapes.

Well the meeting only lasted 60 minutes so how long do I try to push things out? This is only day 2, I'm already hungry (breakfast wasn't quite big enough today, plus snack not meal at 10). 

Still working on getting correct portions and following the template without eating something that will bother my digestive system too much.

Dinner will probably be 7:30.

Lunch will be more protein salad over spinach with some extra mayo and a handful of strawberries. A little bit of leftover stuffed bell pepper and some extra acorn squash and carrot sticks. Similar to what I had yesterday but adding to it. 

I have a description of yesterday's meals with pictures in my log.

I think the best thing you can do is work backwards. So, dinner @ 7:30, would mean lunch @ 3ish. If that seems like a long way off, which I'm guessing it does given that you're already hungry, then I'd eat the stuffed bell pepper & acorn squash now, and leave the protein salad, spinach, carrots & mayo for lunch.

Be sure to reassess the size of your breakfast tomorrow - an inadequate breakfast tends to leaving you playing catch up for the rest of the day.

Hope this helps :)

It does help. Slowly working on the meal size and portioning. It's strange, I don't remember feeling hungry like this when all I was eating was a bowl of cereal and a banana for breakfast. But I was also eating that later in the morning. (like between 8 and 9 am).

@AceOfSwords - hey there, I was just having a quick look at your log and notice you are breastfeeding so it was perfectly natural for you to be hungry given that you are feeding another human! We'd recommend that BFing mums have four full meals and to really keep up the fat intake - many sip on coconut milk throughout the day. This should really help with both hunger & energy. Also, don't forget to rehydrate - our recommendation for a half an ounce per pound of body weight is for the nonBFers - you'll need to aim a little higher.

Thanks. I'll do what I can. Today was a bad day for eating. Sleep took precedence. I'll see what I have available around my house for a fourth full meal. I apparently failed a bit at planning a grocery shopping (twice). I have almost everything I need to make a meatloaf from Real Plans. But I am missing the 2nd pound of meat. Ugh.

Archived