Feeling limited

hello I'm new to the forum

to cut a long story short I have been eating a paleo diet for almost 4 months and decided to do a whole 30 to help with gut issues I've been having (including candida) its taken me a while to learn that I'm extremely intolerant to gluten, also to cows milk and recently eggs! I don't focus too much on what I can't have but each time I learn a new intolerance I think 'now what do I eat?' eggs made up a big part of my diet and were a good source of fat for me, since I've cut them out, my bloating has cut down, I've already started doing the whole 30 to ease myself into it (will start officially on sept 1st) but I feel so limited, I also have to be careful of too many fodmaps due to IBS (so I can't go crazy with avocados) I feel like I'm not actually getting enough food or good fats and have been feeling quite weak and tired (I've been craving bread to and I haven't had bread since january!). I'm already very petite and don't actually want to loose weight, I've spent so long being painfully bloated I actually can't tell when I'm 'satisfied' or if I need to eat more!

any advice would be appreciated, perhaps I just need to adjust and not let the anxiety of it get the better of me!

• Administrators

People who do not need to lose weight should read this article about maintaining or even gaining weight. http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

As for your limitations, I can only suggest that you try to make the best with what you have. Try to make each meal match the template and don't go overboard on any one thing as it sounds like you may be someone where intolerances are easily promoted.

• Administrators

Yes, @30kirsty, that's what I was referring to. I'm similar, if I eat a tonne of something (even something Whole30) for a period of time, I become quite sensitive to that item. I'm not sure if it's an actual "thing" but it sounds like you might be similar?

Archived