I'm starting on 9/6! Anyone else too?

MelissaR

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am! My two sisters and I are all starting (we each live in a different state) and my husband is on board ... We're empty nesters, I'm a teacher.. So this coincides with my first day with students in the classroom. I'm looking forward to the structure and fresh start feeling that comes this time of year. I just signed up for the whole30 daily newsletter too.  

image.jpg

11 hours ago, TeacherKatrina said:

I am! My two sisters and I are all starting (we each live in a different state) and my husband is on board ... We're empty nesters, I'm a teacher.. So this coincides with my first day with students in the classroom. I'm looking forward to the structure and fresh start feeling that comes this time of year. I just signed up for the whole30 daily newsletter too.  

The daily newsletter is awesome!  It was one of my favorite "motivators" during my first round.

What has everyone prepped/is prepping tomorrow?  So far I've made a dozen hard boiled eggs, made a batch of compliant pulled pork and did a big shopping trip.  Tomorrow I'll be roasting up a batch of potatoes and then a pan of cauliflower rice and grilling chicken burgers, bison burgers and boneless chicken.  We have a food saver, so the plan is to do a bunch of cooking, portion it out for a few days and freeze a handful of single portions.

My husband isn't doing the Whole30, but is following a basic paleo-type diet and is supportive of my effort.  My youngest daughter (still living at home) wants to do something similar, so I think they'll both be more or less doing this with me. ;)

Hi, I'm planning to start my Whole 30 on the 6th.  I'm from Australia, the Whole 30 isn't very common here so I'm always looking for support. I did my first Whole 30 2 years ago and felt amazing.  Since then I've struggled with my weight and health so I'm ready to go again!

Cooking ahead for the week is finished!  Didn't make everything for the week, but the frig is stocked with W30 breakfast casserole, meatballs, Asian meat/veggie mix for lettuce wraps, and mayonnaise (recipe from the W30 book).  The mayonnaise is FABULOUS - so fresh and delicious - and easy to make.  I am very excited to get started tomorrow (9/6).  Now to work on lesson plans so I'm ready to teach this week... LOL.  My husband is not doing W30, but is following similar guidelines.  I look forward to using this forum to read about what works for everyone, stay focused and keep motivation high. Have a great week everyone!

What are people doing to get ready for tomorrow? I just got back from the beach and I'm feeling behind with the prep and planning. I've read the Whole30 book, joined the Daily Whole30 email, and am in the process of meal planning.... Grocery shopping later this afternoon. I found a recipe on Pinterest for taco stuffed sweet potatoes and another for crock pot chicken curry. I plan to make the homemade mayonnaise, ketchup and BBQ sauce. Im a teacher and in the habit of packing my lunch so I'll use leftovers from the previous night's dinner. 

I feel motivated by reading some of your posts!  TeacherKatrina...I can relate to that new school year - new page of a fresh notebook feeling!  I am starting tomorrow, too, and want to really start my fall with this whole 30 as my focus.  My husband is doing it with me, but this all comes very easy to him and not as easy for me!  I am trying not to feel overwhelmed by all the preparation some of the "veterans" above have already done...I'm really going to try to keep it SIMPLE because otherwise I will end up not being able to keep up with it all.  I used the book and made a menu of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack each day for the next two weeks.  It only took me 15 minutes!  It will make it easier to already have options in front of me.  I am shopping in the morning, (after my eggs)~!  Good luck and keep posting!  I will need all the encouragement I can get to beat my sweets obsession...

1 hour ago, TeacherKatrina said:

What are people doing to get ready for tomorrow? I just got back from the beach and I'm feeling behind with the prep and planning. I've read the Whole30 book, joined the Daily Whole30 email, and am in the process of meal planning.... Grocery shopping later this afternoon. I found a recipe on Pinterest for taco stuffed sweet potatoes and another for crock pot chicken curry. I plan to make the homemade mayonnaise, ketchup and BBQ sauce. Im a teacher and in the habit of packing my lunch so I'll use leftovers from the previous night's dinner. 

Both of those recipes sound yummy!  I have a whole30 page on Pinterest (Christy Egan).  I'm always looking for new ideas!  

I made hard boiled eggs, put together some single serving containers of strawberries & blueberries (will add shredded coconut to), bagged up baby carrots and sliced peppers to have with guac.  We're grilling tonight and making extra bison and chicken burgers.

I'm starting tomorrow as well and this will be my second time! I'm not as prepared for this time around but I am planning a lot more meal prep tomorrow and Wednesday. Looking forward to finding some new recipes and hoping things go a little easier this time :)

I'm a teacher as well, started today.  Made hb eggs, steamed sweet potatoes, a pan of chicken apple hash from Whole 30 book.  Portioned all that out for breakfast and lunch the next three days along with sliced peppers and cucumbers and apples from our trees.  Tonight it's grilled steak me a simple red cabbage lslaw with Tessamae green goddess dressing and chopped walnuts.  Hoping Ill have enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow night, it will be a busy one.

So I've done shopping to get us through three days, cleaned out the pantry and fridge... So many condiments! Who knew they added sugar to things like garlic salt? Photo is of tonight's dinner/tomorrow's lunch.. Taco stuffed roasted sweet potatoes with green beans on the side. Salsa wasn't whole30 friendly but now it's gone.. Ready for day 1!!!!

image.jpeg

Archived