UK - going out for dinner

I'm going to nandos tonight with a friend, day4 of the whole30 - thinking of plain 1/2 chicken with a side salad and the sweet potato wedges without the dip (I believe they're cooked in olive oil)

does that sound ok? I may get some avocado too but I'm following a low fodmap version so anything over 20g is not tummy friendly. 

You might want to take a look at their menu - it's available on line & they have really good info on allergens for each item.

I believe the wedges contain a number of off plan ingredients (milk, soy & sulphites), and you'd need to ask if they use any kind of sugar/honey etc for basting their chickens as this wouldn't be an allergen and so doesn't need to be identified on the menu. Their coleslaw is fine though!

9 minutes ago, foursimplewords said:

I may go to pizza express for tuna nicoise salad instead!

Have you checked their menu/allergen info online? I believe it contains sulphites (& possibly corn which you'd have to ask them not to include).... assuming you'd also hold the bread-sticks ;)

I've found a problem with chain restaurants is that they can't, don't, or won't alter menu items.  some times it's just corporate policy, sometimes the way it's prepared is impossible to change out an ingredient (ie ready prepared to some extent before arriving at the restaurant).  Smaller places where most things are freshly prepared or cooked to order are sometimes a lot easier to get them to make something off menu.

17 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Have you checked their menu/allergen info online? I believe it contains sulphites (& possibly corn which you'd have to ask them not to include).... assuming you'd also hold the bread-sticks ;)

I had the salad plain without the dressing or bread sticks :)

Archived