Commitment; Consistency; 3Ps; Ok, now...It's ON!!!

stubz706

So...I've done one Whole30 already and I didn't finish it as well as I would have hoped - in that I mean the 10 day re-introduction. In any case since it's completion on September 14th I went completely of the rails again. :-( I have made many of the wrong choices and as a result have been eating and drinking less then optimal foods.

I was supposed to start when I returned from holiday in Sweden, on the 18th then I was ill so I said to myself tomorrow and then it was the day after, which quickly became Monday and so and so forth and now it's October 11th and I still haven't got to it.

I'm sure one or two of you know what I mean and perhaps this has happened to yourselves. Let me know if it has.

So, now..."IT'S ON!!!" I've got this!

For those of you that don't know me (not that you would, lol); My name is Christiaan (more commonly known as 'Stubz' - it's an old nickname from school) I'm a 25 year old male living in Bristol, England. I'm currently single :-( so hopefully when I'm more comfortable in myself and with myself then hopefully I can find someone. :-D How can anyone love me if I don't love myself? Tehe. Anywho enough of that.

I'm a very active individual I do Martial Arts, Rugby and CrossFit however until I found Whole30 I was still eating all the wrong foods. "You can't out train a bad diet!"

In addition to my return from holiday, being ill and eating poorly I also wasn't training. I was altogether out of kilter.

Over the weekend I had a rugby match on Saturday and we won, then on Sunday I came third in a Martial Arts competition, and on Monday I trained again. I missed traingin Tuesday and Wednesday, but will get to Martial Arts tonight and CrossFit tomorrow.

I shan't go on for fear of loosing peoples attention/interest.

To summise, I am starting my mission to eat clean and stay on plan as of today October 11th! Please support me in my journey and I will return the favour and support you too.

Good luck to one and all. I hope that we will be able to support one another.

Christiaan I loved your post!

I completed my first W30 on Sept. 14th also. However, I did not do the 10 day reintroduce, I simply continued my W30 as I felt I had not done it justice. In other words, I ate clean but I supplemented with fruit and nuts way more than I should and truly felt I was not secure to reintroduce items if I had not really explored or relied on the veggies. I simply made my meat and chose one veg and looked forward to my fruit dessert. Recipes and creativity was not in my W30. Simply put i reduced the sugar demons, grains and dairy still called my name and veggies were dreaded. My exercise had pretty much come to halt as I needed to focus all my attention on the food part. Training was tough but I knew I could handle that when my body was better prepared to benefit from the good food. To get to the point... I gave myself new goals for the second (continued) W30 that sounded reasonable and inline with the W30 mentality... Try new recipes weekly, exercise 3x a week and make W30 approved Mayo so I could have a dressing to cover these dreaded veggies. I have been struggling as I started crossfit and my budget has taken a huge hit. Now, I am sore, broke and uninspired until I read your post,

I am a 49yr single, active women with 4 children (24,22,20 & 18), soccer is my outreach and just completed my 2 weeks of crossfit fundamentals. I am a work in progress but hope to find that my direction will lead to a wonderful adventure where I meet inspiring, motivated and strong people.

Thanks for the lift. It's on!

Suprise, suprise I managed to slip up again. However I am already back on it and today is day two. Fortunately, my local box (CrossFit - for those that don't CrossFit) has started a new 6 week Paleo challenge. Hurrah, I'm so happy. I'm happy that they are concious of the food that we put in our bodies and also for the support network that we have now created. We have done it in such a way that we have buddied up with others. There are three in my team and we spent time on Sunday night in the box really getting to the bottom of why each of us were doing paleo. Then we have text one another today and yesterday. It means that there is real accountabilty. I had a text this morning asking how I was getting on so I keeps it in the forefront of my mind.

Day 2 and I'm going strong and feeling really positive. :-) Long may it last. From my previous Whole30 I look forward to feeling more awake in the mornings, and having sustained energy through the day. The last 3-4weeks eating terrible food. Including all sorts of carbs have been reaking havoc on my getting up in the mornings.

@Connistock, I'm glad that my post resinates with you. I think that, most all of us have been where we are. Or certainly where I am. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Not that I'm arrogant and I think I'm always right. More that it is an uphill struggle to make changes like these. Just have to be tough and work through it.

I think what I need to do from my past experience is perhaps go longer on the Whole30. 45; 60 maybe even 90 days. I need to do it in such a way that I change my habits for good, for LIFE. And that like Melissa my treats are things like carrot sticks with Hoummous rather then a whole pizza to myself. Sure if I'm in Italy and I'm at the best pizza place in town then I can maybe have a small slice. That is manageable, it's eating junk food on a regualr basis that I need to avoid. In recent days before getting back on to it, I had fast food for lunch and for dinner in the same day. :-S So that tells me that I haven't yet sorted out my food choices.

In fact, I just re-read your post and it has gone full circle and has given me another lift. I had shivers in my spine reading what you wrote, "Now, I am sore, broke and uninspired until I read your post." Thank you, Thank you for your compliment and also thank you for making me even more happy this morning on day 2 than I already was.

Keep up the great work, continue to explore and experiment with new recipes and let me know when you have had an amazing new meal. Share it with me so that I can try it too. :-) and keep up with CrossFit, you'll soon love it!

Have a great day everyone, and remember this little mantra of mine;

3Ps - Positivity; Patience; Persistence

Connistock,

I live in Nashville and am traveling to Memphis for the St. Jude's marathon. I am attending some related health events when I am there. Let me know if you would like to connect outside of these boards. Christiaan, your honesty and vulnerability are refreshing. Keep at it and you will do great. I am on day 26 of my first Whole 30. It has gone well, but I admit that I have weighed myself and when we traveled, I ate more nuts and raisins than I would at home. Today, I made a new commitment to keep going with this Whole 45 or 60 or 90, and use it to let go of the scale, continue to try new recipes and vegetables, and enjoy my freedom from junk food and sugar cravings. I feel great and am training at a higher level of intensity than I have since High School swim team.

Archived