NYC Weekend

hmg1993

Would love some NYC restaurant recommendations that are easy to navigate on W30 ... heading there for a girl's weekend.  I am pretty adept at ordering food that is compliant and asking for adjustments but would appreciate any tips forum members have or favorites.  We're staying in mid town and the group are foodies so appreciate the NYC dining scene.  Thank you!!

I dont know know if the above thread I tried to insert will post properly - I'm on my phone...but there's some info already on New York in this section. 

I have yet to try any of these places, I've packed my own food the past couple of times in the city but I'm impressed with Hu Kitchen's menu. Good luck! 

Hi! Dig Inn is a great spot - it is a paleo-inspired casual restaurant where you go down a line like at Chipotle, and you can choose between different meats and sides. There are several locations and definitely one or two in midtown (https://www.diginn.com/locations/). It's paleo-inspired so you should have good options, though you'll of course have to ask about preparation methods to see if it is specifically W30 compliant. SweetGreen is also a great salad spot - not sure how they prepare their meats, but you should have good options there. (http://www.sweetgreen.com/) Neither are fancy, but good for casual and have an NYC feel to them. Most breakfast street carts (like the ones that are filled with donuts!) and random delis will have hard boiled eggs, so that's always a good option if you're in a pinch for a mid-day snack. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and the above thread was really helpful.  Just want to add another option to the list, which is Quality Meats in midtown.  Definitely for a special occasion but they were very accommodating of W30 restrictions and had delicious dinner without any difficulty.  Highly recommend!

Archived