VivaLaMeredith

New year, new intentions. 
I hopped on the #JanuaryWhole30, and this will be round 3 for me. (Sept 2016, October10-Nov 10, 2016)

Day 1 & 2 I was still on vacation so got up late (10), and only made M1 & M3. I did have mini-meals to tide me over till M3 thought. They weren't the best (fruit juice & almonds from starbucks, and coffee & snacking coconut) but I wasn't hungry and I didn't eat anything off plan. My sleep has also been out of wack due to holidays and a flight at 2 am. Will be getting that under control this week as I'm back to work. 

Let's talk Week 1 meal prep!

Mayo
Ghee
Salad Dressing (Beet & Apple)
Tomato Soup (from the Flexitarian Table cookbook)
Tuna & Mayo
Shredded Chicken (Fit & Fed)
Cut up veggies (celery, kale)
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Almond Milk

Thank you SO much for this comprehensive list of Whole30 compliant foods that can be found in NB.   I have been putting off starting the Whole 30, partly because I wasn't sure I could find Whole30 compliant foods in my community.  I, for one, really appreciate the time you put into compiling this list.   Now I have to get my bum in gear and start preparing to commit to this.  I have failed (or succeeded and then put all the weight back on) so many programs that I am fearful to start this one...but I have to...I know it is time.  So, thanks again.

Round 3- Day 5

M1: Salad w. pan fried shredded chicken, 2 eggs, mayo
M2: Snack Plate: banana, almond butter, cucumber, cashews, prosciutto, dates, compliant hotdog
M3: Sweet Potato nachos (ground beef, olives, cucumber, salsa). Potatoes were cooked with loads of olive oil. 

Round 3- Day 6

M1: Tomato Soup, eggs
M2: Snack Plate (see yesterday), President's Choice 100% sparkling fruit juice (Pomegranate Cranberry is WAY too sweet. Should cut with seltzer) 
M3:  Sweet potato, shredded chicken, pasta sauce w. ghee

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/products/productlisting/pc_100_sparkling_fruit_juice_orange_tangerineprod860039.html

Round 3- Day 9

Time to do more meal prep! In the past few days I've made the Sausage, Kale and Potato soup, as well as meatballs with spaghetti sauce. I still haven't gotten around to making ghee, although it is on my list still. Will probably make Chicken wings tonight too. I need more veggie recipes to spice things up. I found a really good beet recipe from a Madhur Jaffrey  cookbook I will make- bonus, I already have all the ingredients! 

M1: Apple, Cashew Butter, Sausage, Kale & Potato Soup
M2: Meatballs, sauce and spaghetti squash. Spoon of cashew butter
M3: Meatballs, sauce, spaghetti squash, salad & dressing

Archived