Nut Pods

decker_bear

I'm curious, who has tried Nut Pods? I can't buy them locally and would have to order online (and most are out of stock). I found a compliant creamer from Califia Farms that is pretty close to Nut Pods. Not exactly the same, but it's still compliant. It's unflavored and unsweetened. Thing is, I could take it or leave it. Wondering if anyone out there has tried the Nut Pods and if they feel it's worth it to try to track them down? I don't necessarily need creamer for my coffee (almond milk is sufficient), but I like having options to mix things up. Only Day 2 for me and I know the food boredom will be coming. :ph34r:

I ordered the original flavor on Amazon to try since I haven't seen them in my stores. They're good. Hard to explain exactly but it's better than just almond or just coconut milk. Just a little more flavorness since they're combined. I'm on my second w30 and did straight up black coffee my first round. (Former half and half fan.) I've stuck with the black coffee since that first round (which was in March 2016.) I only ordered the Nutpods because I just wanted to see what the hype was about. Worth my $15 for a 4-pack. I can take it or leave it now. I say try them just to see if you're in into them. PS iced black coffee was a good taper for me down to hot black coffee. Tastes different! But now I like black coffee cold or hot... I'm just rambling now. Bye.

19 hours ago, wholejessica said:

PS iced black coffee was a good taper for me down to hot black coffee. Tastes different! But now I like black coffee cold or hot... I'm just rambling now. Bye.

HAHA! @wholejessica I didn't think you were rambling at all until you said so, LOL. That's kind of how I feel about the compliant one I found at Whole Foods - good, but could take or leave. Since that's how you feel about the Nut Pods, I imagine I'll feel the same, so I probably won't bother trying to order the Nut Pods. Just not that big of a deal, most likely. Thanks for chiming in on this! I'm a HUGE fan of the Trader Joe's Cold Brew over ice with some almond milk. Fine for now, but come winter I'm going to want my steamy goodness back. :wub: I'm not a black girl yet, nor do I care to be, since almond milk is yummy to me. I don't need the sweet, I love the dark steamy coffee goodness. I drink it this way most of the time even when not on W30. Now I'm rambling. haha thanks for your post! 

10 hours ago, foursimplewords said:

can you get them on amazon?

Some, yes. Many are out of stock. I'm just wondering if it's worth it, or if it's going to be one of those "meh" things and then I'm upset I spent the time and money buying them. If I get them on Amazon it's a pack of 4 at a minimum. 

I got the hazelnut and vanilla on Amazon. Hazelnut was backordered but came 2 days later. I like them. It gives your coffee  a nutty rich flavor. I only drink one cup of coffee a day and find I actually finish it now. I used to use the peppermint mocha flavor with a lot of sugar.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd never heard of these until this thread! I'm a former half 'n' half girl, but learned to drink my coffee black during my first Whole 30. I just ordered the three-pack from Amazon and tried the plain flavor this morning... pretty good! It adds that little bit of richness and cuts the acidity. (I know, if you don't like coffee without cream you probably need to be using better coffee!) Anyway, thanks for mentioning these! It's an extra treat that I appreciate.

Stephanie

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my hazelnut nut pods yesterday 10/21/16,  makes my coffee creamy tasting without all the junk creamer has in it!  Also got them from Amazon!  I bought a 4 pack of the Hazelnut but I think next time I'll get a variety pack YUMMMMMMMMM coffee!!!

• I was a lots of coffee creamer and sugar type of girl before i started the Whole 30.  I haven't made it through a whole 30 days, yet, but my intentions are good!  I don't mind the flavor of just coffee and coconut milk whipped with my Ninja, but I really enjoy the flavor of the nut pods (either vanilla or hazelnut, didn't care for the plain).  I am actually preferring my coffee without sweetened creamer (even the natural stuff without many ingredients).  I need to order some more of the nut pods from Amazon.  
  •  

• 1 year later...

Archived