I Am Worth It

Babsie95

Had a bad Dr visit yesterday and a gout  flare during the night, so much so I missed work today. This is tmi but my gout meds keep me in the bathroom constantly, difficult when you can barely walk.

I feel so sick I didn't eat for M1, but am at least making veggie soup. Will eat what I can. Much pain and discomfort kinda erases desire to eat

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 23 M3: homemade chicken coconut soup, some tinned fish, and olives

Slept well but had to get up a few times to the bathroom, I think it would have normalized by now. Also in the mornings I am back to (TMI) having severe diarrhea in the mornings. I think that it is more medication related but hoped this diet would help. On mornings like this I am unable to eat before getting to work, just feel to sick and have thrown up when I have tired to force. I am hoping things will stabilize again soon.

Day 24

M1: Chicken salad made with grapes mayo and a few cashews with sea snax

M2: soup from last night and olives

So last night with my goofy schedule and eating yesterday I think I had a low blood sugar episode which happens infrequently. I was finally able to think about what would I have done if not on a whole30 and the answer is to eat peanut butter, as it helps to bring my sugar level back pretty quickly so that rational thinking can return. So I ate a spoonful of almond butter, not the best choice but it worked for what I needed. My M3: was then a bowl of leftover veggie soup with meatballs. I counted the nut butter as a fat.

Day 26

M1: chicken coconut soup

M2: meatballs, roasted potatoes, yellow squash, mayo and olives

M3: yet to be decided, but likely hamburger patty with guac, tomato. lettuce, onion, pickle and baked homemade potato chips

Day 28

forgot to eat breakfast again....somehow its hard to remember on the weekends

M2: deviled eggs

M3: hamburger, grape tomatoes, coleslaw, sautéed onion, olives

Day 29

M1: (eaten within an hour of waking) chicken apple sausage and slaw

M2: large portion of veggie soup, olives, 5 large meatballs

M3: (planned) grilled pork, potato salad some sort of green veggie

Day 31

I weighed today even thought I plan to continue. I am down 17 pounds from starting. 100 or so to go... I find it humorous since its t he first time I haven't been focused on the scale. I haven't seen the NSV's that I hoped for. Sleep only a bit better. Feel a bit better. Minor improvement in energy but nothing like in previous rounds. My digestive system is still way out of wack even with all the meds I take for it. I feel I need to continue till it straightens out or I won't get good reintroductions which I really want to focus on. So onward I go for a few days or weeks. Whatever it takes to meet the goal.

I have learned that I have a snack monster and when I starve it, it wants nuts. Nuts are my nemesis but I have great difficulty with cutting them. I use them in slaw, and protein salads which have made breakfast possible during this round. It also probably contributes to the digestive distress... Hard truth I guess but I need to figure it out.

M1: chicken apple sausage, olives, slaw

M2: planned- veggie soup with meatballs and olives

M3: planned - burger with all the fixins

27 minutes ago, Babsie95 said:

Day 31

I weighed today even thought I plan to continue. I am down 17 pounds from starting. 100 or so to go... I find it humorous since its t he first time I haven't been focused on the scale. I haven't seen the NSV's that I hoped for. Sleep only a bit better. Feel a bit better. Minor improvement in energy but nothing like in previous rounds. My digestive system is still way out of wack even with all the meds I take for it. I feel I need to continue till it straightens out or I won't get good reintroductions which I really want to focus on. So onward I go for a few days or weeks. Whatever it takes to meet the goal.

I have learned that I have a snack monster and when I starve it, it wants nuts. Nuts are my nemesis but I have great difficulty with cutting them. I use them in slaw, and protein salads which have made breakfast possible during this round. It also probably contributes to the digestive distress... Hard truth I guess but I need to figure it out.

The solution is pretty simple: up your fats (to help with satiety) and nix the nuts, to stop snacking and help with your digestive distress. Just don't eat nuts. Use other fat sources.

I also have a "no snacking" policy. That made my Whole30 pretty simple. Post Whole30 I've reintroduced a variety of food by eat whatever I eat, I eat in the context of a meal, not a snack.

27 minutes ago, Babsie95 said:

Day 31

The solution is pretty simple: up your fats (to help with satiety) and nix the nuts, to stop snacking and help with your digestive distress. Just don't eat nuts. Use other fat sources.

I also have a "no snacking" policy. That made my Whole30 pretty simple. Post Whole30 I've reintroduced a variety of food by eat whatever I eat, I eat in the context of a meal, not a snack.

Ended up eating some coconut flakes, and sea snax after getting home from church (didn't eat enough they ran out of food)

Day 32

M1: Tuna salad and double sea snax

M2: chicken apple sausage, zucchini, squash, coconut flakes

M3: likely late after a kids fall festival. I won't be home before it and will likely not have anything I am willing to eat.

Archived