Whole30 & Trying To Conceive

wholemhk

On 3/7/2017 at 2:32 PM, Brianna Lamar said:

I was told by an Naprotechnology Doctor in Houston,Tx for me to do the Whole 30 and I've finally been able to start this diet as of March 5th and im presently on Day 3, I was diagnosed with PCOS April 2016 and have had a hard time conceiving for a whole year. I look forward to losing some weight and being able to conceive with my fiancé here this year!!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with PCOS. It doesn't seem fair that those that want babies can have such a hard time! I just found out that I'm not ovulating regularly so I'm looking to do the Whole30 again to regulate my hormones. Best of luck to you and your fiance! You can do this!! 

5 hours ago, Orsetta said:

Hello ladies! I am new to the forum and would like to know if anyone is still trying to conceive. My husband and I have been trying for 2 years now but since nothing has happened, we are giving the whole30 a try! Please cross your fingers for us!

I am 9 days in and my period has started 5 days early... does this change my whole ovulation schedule? Any advise would be much appreciated!

Best of luck with your journey! I did the Whole30 in January 2017 for the first time. It started to regulate my hormones but of course I didn't stick with it! My husband and I have been TTC for 5 months but I just found out I'm not ovulating regularly. Now we are going back to the drawing board! I'm going to start another round so I can regulate these silly hormones! 

We are here for support, we're all in this together!! Good luck :)

• 9 months later...

Does anyone here who was TTC last year while doing Whole 30 have any updates? I am on Day 3 after TTC for the past five months. I started Femara last cycle and did get a positive OPK, but I just started my cycle so I will be going back to Femara again. Trying Whole 30 to clean up my system/ hormones and hopefully make a nice little home for a baby in there.

I wasn't on this board last year, but I did a Whole30 in February 2016 to get my self ready to TTC. I ovulated right on schedule during my Whole30 and got pregnant that same month. We hadn't been trying before, so I don't know if the Whole30 had anything to do with it, but I just wanted to share that my ovulation wasn't affected. I'm back on a Whole30 now to even out my postpartum hormones.

Good luck to everyone TTC! 

On 1/6/2017 at 3:25 PM, Ash in the Mountains said:

I am in the same boat, we have been TTC our second baby for the past three months but I have noticed potential hormone issues like low BBT and less fertile quality CM. I'm hoping to regulate things through diet. I'm on Day 6, so far so good!

Can I ask for an update Ash?  I'm TTC Baby #2 and just finished my first whole 30 and noticed less fertile CM - period is late by two days - and I just posted my first post to ask if whole 30 could stop ovulation.... I have already had a helpful response.  Was curious to how you made out! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, Boogie said:

Can I ask for an update Ash?  I'm TTC Baby #2 and just finished my first whole 30 and noticed less fertile CM - period is late by two days - and I just posted my first post to ask if whole 30 could stop ovulation.... I have already had a helpful response.  Was curious to how you made out! Thanks.

I would be interested to know as well. Starting Whole 30 again today after falling off after Week 2. My husband and I have been TTC for about six months with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 3:38 PM, Ash in the Mountains said:

Hey ladies! So I started my Whole60 on January 1, 2017 and conceived on March 2nd! I had classic CM that cycle. I am a believer it helped with my PCOS and I plan to do another Whole60 when it is time for Baby 3. I’ve included a pic of my success story :)

20EB4757-5B73-4A63-BFE5-A67B6E80AB26.jpeg

Congratulations! 

Archived