Day 13--4th Day of Non-stop headaches

emily123

Hey!

Need some major help here. Day 13, and have had completely debilitating migraines non-stop the last 3 days. I've had a few migraines here and there in the past, but nothing thats rendered me completely useless like this--been really hard to get work done or see friends, I feel like I was hit by a truck all the time. I'm coming into this from 6 years as a vegan--had chosen to add a few sustainably-produced eggs and fish into my diet for the 30 days. Since I didn't have cheese or anything in my diet before, I was eating a LOT of bread and sugar--one of the reasons I wanted to do the Whole30 was to end my crutch on those foods, so I expected this in the beginning but figured I'd be over it by now.

Breakfast is usually a nut bar and coffee (zero appetite in the morning but try to eat something), Lunch will be a stir-fry of some kind with eggs or seared fish and an avocado, and dinner will be some kind of fish with vegetables or a salad/cauliflower rice. Some coconut water, fruit, and smoothies as snacks here and there. Drinking tons of water.

I really want to finish this but it's really difficult when I can barely get out of bed for 3 days straight--please help!

30 minutes ago, emily123 said:

Breakfast is usually a nut bar and coffee (zero appetite in the morning but try to eat something), Lunch will be a stir-fry of some kind with eggs or seared fish and an avocado, and dinner will be some kind of fish with vegetables or a salad/cauliflower rice. Some coconut water, fruit, and smoothies as snacks here and there. Drinking tons of water.

Hey emily & welcome to Whole30

This is maybe gonna hurt, but you've kind of highlighted your own issues here - you're starting the day off poorly (bars of any kind are for emergency use only), and then playing nutritional catch up with fruit (not recommended as a snack), smoothies (to quote Melissa 'We'd rather you didn't...') and coconut water (a light fruit juice, recommended only for those doing endurance sports or whose jobs leave them prone to dehydration), with only two proper meals, one of which appears to be lacking in fat.

I think if you built each of your meals to meet the recommended template of 1-2 palms of protein, a generous serving of fats & 1-3 cups of veggies (with 3 being optimum) - enough to last you 4-5hrs without the need for snacks - that'd you see a vast improvement in how you feel, and certainly an improvement as far as the headaches go.

Not having an appetite in the morning is indicative that your hormones are unbalanced. Not eating in the morning does not help. What you need to do is eat. It may be a struggle at first, but we'd suggest that you plate up a template meal, eat as much of it as you can (holding the coffee for after as it can suppress the appetite) and then wrap up the remainder to eat as soon as you feel able - ie. NOT at your next meal. You'll be surprised at how quickly your appetite comes round and you'll soon be waking up hungry.... And the rest will slowly fall into place. Honest.

Hope this helps.

Archived