Day 6 with a traditional Greek Mom

Yesterday was very challenging. My Day 6 was laced with temptation. I had promised to visit my best friend's 90 year old Greek Mom--and wisely let her know beforehand that I was on a "strict diet" and would not be eating anything, so not to be offended when I would only have tea.  She said that was fine, so I prepared for what I thought would be an enjoyable visit. Well, the first thing out of her mouth was "Guess what? I've ordered a pizza to be delivered--don't worry--it's vegetarian and thin crust--so you can have it!" Arrrrrgh! I politely explained that I could not have it, and briefly explained the diet I was on. It took a long time before she gave up and accepted my refusal. But, about fifteen minutes later, she placed a big plate of cookies on the table, and said, "don't worry you can have them--they're sugar free. I only eat healthy around here." (by this time she was getting a little annoyed with me) I once again explained why I couldn't have the cookies.  She was silent for awhile, then brightly said, "I know! I have some coconut ice cream--sugar free! You can surely have that?" By this time, I was losing my patience, and felt a bit like I was being tempted by the devil himself as coconut ice cream is my favorite--and said, "Please stop offering me stuff. If I were to break down and have something, I would be very angry with myself." I finally left after an hour, but only on the condition that I take half of the pizza with me! "You can freeze it and have it after you're off this crazy diet". I dropped off the pizza at my Mom's house, so she could enjoy it.

If I can resist all of that pressure and temptation, I am going to make it through the next 24 days! Yesterday was better energy-wise too.

Isn't it funny what other people consider "healthy"?  After being on Whole 30 for 18 days, my view of healthy has become very different.  Your day certainly sounded challenging!  If you can make it through all of those temptations, you will rock the next 3 weeks!  Good for you for not giving in to peer pressure.

Archived