Canadians doing Whole30

Nemo

On Day 21, food prep on the weekend was good, made ketchup for the first time and it turned out really good.  Supper last night was chicken wings, coleslaw and baked potato fries with ketchup. Tonight we are having a beef stir-fry.  I would be lost without prepping on the weekend! :P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 24.  Is anyone else suffering from cravings?  I've had absolutely no issues until yesterday.  When I see sweets or even think of them I can almost taste it.  I had cravings last night and ended up having a another serving of supper so I basically over ate.  I feel like another 30 days are in order but not sure if I can do it.

Day 24. Had a good workout yesterday. For supper I had turkey burger lettuce wraps with tomato & pickle, coleslaw and baked potato with ghee, very delicious and satisfying.  Keep going Nemo, you are doing great.  :) All of these observations are good, instead of sweets you had more supper, you did the right thing!  If you decide to go longer just take it one day at a time, don't think of it as another 30 days, or you could do like Kirkor says and reintro everything except sugar, you have the choice!

Day 28, almost at 30 days! It actually feels like it is passing by fast!  Food prep on the weekend. I made crock pot chili, roast chicken (will make broth), salad, mayo, turkey sausages, frittatas, grilled chicken, chicken thai soup, mashed potatoes, grated cauliflower and cubed up butternut squash for roasting.

Congratulations Kruddock!  I finished yesterday!  Lost 8.0 lbs. Not bad, but thought it would be more.  My NSVs are plenty.  Sleeping better at night, waking up and not hitting the snooze button, clothes fitting better, and other symptoms lessened.  Starting another Whole30 today because I want to overcome the sugar cravings.  Almost there but not quite.

Good job Nemo! :D Not sure what my results will be weight wise, I don't expect too much but I have a lot of other NSV's I'm enjoying so I think I am going to continue sticking to the plan as well but do an extremely slow roll introduction of some things every Saturday for the next 4 weeks while I am trying to figure things out. Then go back at it in March.

Hi, I just completed day 30 and will be doing a slow roll intro but for the most part will continuously be following the Whole30 plan and then go into another 30 days.  Good for you going another round. I'm in BC, where are you from?

Hey Sherider! I'm on the east coast currently on Day 4 of my first ever Whole30. I'm thinking I'm over the sugar hangover and I feel really good today.
I have tomorrow off work so I'm gonna use that to take stock of my fridge and grocery shop. Tough part is doing this while my husband doesn't participate. So many bad foods still in the house! At least they're in *his* cupboard so I don't have to see them!

This weekend I have a curling event with some friends and there will be drinks and snacks involved so I better pack some stuff to keep myself away from the off-limits stuff! Wish me luck!

I'm in BC too, on day 10 and can't believe what a difference this has made in how I feel.  So glad I found this forum for help with groceries, meal ideas, eating out, etc.  Today I'm finding it difficult to avoid the scale.  I'm curious but broke the rule and stepped on it day 5 and was discouraged.  Thats why I need to stay off it, as they say!

Congratulations on Day 10 Ellbee, you are on one of the hardest days according to the timeline so hang in there. You are only 1/3 of the way through, a lot more can happen. Just concentrate on all the good stuff and you'll get there! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Day 1 in Ottawa :) This is my 8th or 9th attempt at actually completing a Whole 30 - I've been successful just once before. This time around I have hired a private chef (that sounds much fancier than it is!) to spend an afternoon batch cooking. She did everything from soups to egg cups to shepherd's pie to meat and veggies for taco lettuce cups. I am hoping that by stocking my freezer full of good healthy foods that I won't be so tempted back to such an unhealthy diet.

Archived