How much sugar is Bread vs. Chocolate vs. etc etc?

Hey, I did the Whole30 in June, loved it. Still mostly on the Paleo-wagon, and still feeling great. I cheat a few times a week now but for the most part I'm still eating clean: I now drink beer regularly again and this does not seem to affect my weight or anything, and about twice a week I go to Menchies for some decadence. My question is this:

Is there some sort of chart that outlines how many grams of sugar you are metabolizing when you eat each particular food? I'd love to know what my sugar intake is when I eat a bag of M&Ms on a cheat day versus when I have a few bites of roasted potatoes or some appetizer corn chips at a mexican restaurant.

Any help would be great!

I would check out a site like fitday.com or calorieking.com and plug in the items you are thinking of eating and do a comparison of the sugar content that way...of course you have to keep in mind the type of sugar I guess...meaning HFCS say in m&m's or straight up carb sugars in potatoes.

Or, you could just eat it and move on since sugar=sugar... :P

Well, even though sugar = sugar, the TYPE of sugar does still matter. (starch vs fructose vs lactose vs glucose, etc) While the end product is always going to be glucose, each type of sugar is digested and tolerated differently in the body.

Sugar=Sugar, thats exactly what I'm thinking! That's why when I cheat I just go straight to the ice cream, because whats the difference?

I actually think there is a big difference. I react much differently to potatoes than I do chocolate cake or a cosmopolitan or beer.

Archived