WHOLE 100 - DONE!

LRM

• 3 weeks later...

Lisa - Thank you so much for sharing your story. I've come on this forum for weeks looking for someone else who was doing the Whole100, and I was so excited to find your post!! I honestly wasn't planning on going to 100 days, but I got to 30 and didn't want to stop! Tomorrow is Day 96, so I'm almost there - although I really don't see myself going back. I don't feel at all like I'm depriving myself of anything because I LOVE the way I feel when I'm eating this way. I had gotten to the point where I would become exhausted and have to sleep after eating certain foods, and I just didn't enjoy that. 

LadyShanny, I actually had some interesting changes around days 60-70, so don't give up! I guess my hormones must have needed to be balanced, because I noticed changes with my periods. In fact, I had a period for 23 days (which I didn't love), but now my periods are settling down. I read that sometimes it takes 4 months to see changes, so that's another reason I decided to keep going.

The most fun I've had with this process is that before I started I absolutely hated cooking. Now, I love preparing food for myself and my family. I'm told that I've become a "food snob" because I don't want to eat anything that is prepared by someone else - I like to be in control of what I'm eating. My family and friends now call me for recipes because they love the things I prepare!

Thanks for sharing your story. You have reached an amazing milestone and congratulations on all the improvements you've made in your health!!!

Laura 

Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing your story.  Just by writing this post you have inspired people .. keep it up!  And reminding us to keep pushing through the 'bad' days ... there's only good at the other end!  I am so happy for you and the long list of positive health changes that you have achieved!  :)

I like that you noted "food is just food - it does not control me."  This is profound because many of us do currently feel (or have felt) out of control.  I am looking forward to the day that I can say that too with confidence! (I'm on W30 day #6)

Archived