Day 6... A Few NSV's

Suze75

Today is day 6 for me and I wanted to share a few positive Non-Scale Victories. I've been sleeping great but get up a lot to pee. I've always gotten up twice, or so but the last few nights 4+ times. I'm able to go right back to sleep without bother but,  Ugh! I hope that normalizes here soon. 

I woke up this morning and wanted to boil carrots for a breakfast carrot mash. That led me to get my kale going so it would soften. That led me to taste the kale and start getting excited for breakfast. Long story short...I ate breakfast about 45 minutes after I woke up. Breakfast was nearly prepared BEFORE I turned my Keurig on!!! I wasn't exactly hungry feeling but the simple fact I ate so early was truly a rarity & definitely not-worthy. 

Another plus is I must have had 4 tablespoons of fat in my breakfast and I wasn't freaked out in the least. I had olive oil, lemon juice & nutritional yeast in my kale salad and ghee in my mashed carrots along with the coconut oil that was used in my chocolate chili. 6 days ago that would NOT have happened!

One final thing, I am planning my next shopping trip and I've added rutabagas, plantain, squashes, parsnips & turnips. I don't know if I've ever even tasted a parsnip or turnip. I'm going to just get a bit of each but I'm excited that I want to try all these different things!

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this but I am thrilled with my beginning feelings of 'food-freedom'and wanted to share. 

Archived