Best easy/on-the-go breakfasts?

Shellyons

I'm on day 5 of my 3rd Whole 30 & I'm struggling with food burnout.  I relied too much on eating the same things (hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch) during my last Whole 30 in May/June so I'm having a harder time finding palatable foods this time around.  Dinners are fine & I can plan on leftovers for lunch & default to a salad in a pinch, but breakfasts are killing me.  

I need something that I can grab & go & ideally eat in my car or as I'm making coffee, feeding cats, etc. - if I wait until I get to work it's nearly 2 hours from waking once I get myself & my toddler ready & drop off at daycare & I have little time to eat before I leave.  Or perhaps a mini-meal to provide fuel so I have something in my stomach within an hour & then the rest I can eat at my desk.  I have always relied on an egg casserole with veggies that I make ahead, but I can barely choke it down anymore.  

I'm planning to try heating & chopping up chicken sausage or meatballs & some veggies that I can pick at, but looking for any other suggestions or go-to meals that you swear by. 

Grab and go breakfasts. If you want eggs, mini frittatas. If not eggs I love salmon cakes. (Actually love is too weak of a word) I'll cook up a bunch and fridge them and eat them cold with mayo and Frank's red hot sauce. And the I'll have left over roasted veggies. 

http://whole30.com/2009/08/paleo-recipes/

Here's a blast from the past.  And Melissa.   Guess what, it's really, really good and because Melissa did it...I made it, too. I have no issues with nuts or beary berries. Adjust accordingly, I always add an additional protein to eggs, like fish or fowl, beef, etc. That is all.   

Thanks so much!!  Planning to make a batch of sausage patties tonight that I can freeze, heat, & eat on the go & will definitely try salmon cakes :) I've also recently discovered pee wee potatoes which I can roast in coconut oil & throw in the fridge & they're actually quite good cold.   

I just started my 2nd Whole30.  And I tried making these to have something different for breakfast.  I can eat non-breakfast food to a degree, but have a hard time eating traditionally "dinner" food for breakfast.  I think these are great (I left out jalapeno and they are spicy enough for me) - and have used them at every meal.  Spicy Tuna Cakes from Nom Nom Paleo. 

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm home today from work which is weird for me for a MOnday but it's been a yucky weekend.  Sick blech.

But I'm a person who likes to keep busy and being cooped up in the house all weekend with no energy brings me to buzzing around my kitchen doing food prep as I'm starting my whole 30 again tomorrow.  I fell off the wagon :(

Right now, I have mini egg fritattas in the oven :) I diced up some tomato, avocado and compliant bacon.  It smells goooooood in here !!  I'm sipping on tea with no sweetner, which is a huge feat for me as I've had sweetner in my tea since I was in my 20's.

I made compliant mayo which turned out aces.  I've got butternut squash and sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.  When my eggs are done, I will portion them out for the week then add some sweet tater and breakfasts will be done.  LUnch for tomorrow is salad with tuna and mayo, with a side of raw carrots.  Tomorrow morning, before I go to work, i'll put a pork roast in the slow cooker and be on my way.

I may have a bit of pork roast for breakfast Wednesday morning as it's going to be a busy day and I'll need the protein.

I do love to prep and be ready for anything.  In Omnius Paratus !!!!  

@Karen_Suep - salmon cakes sound decadent for breakfast !!! I will indulge very soon.

Archived