What am I doing wrong?

ElizabethN

Hey Everyone! I need some help. Today is Day 12 and I've felt horrible for the last 5 days.

My head is pounding constantly, I've had 1 migraine that kept me home from work a few days ago, and my back and neck feel like they've been hit by a truck. All of this is made worse by the fact that every night this week I've woken up between 1 and 2 am and have NOT been able to fall back asleep (something that never happened pre-Whole30.

I'm drinking plenty of water, salting my food, and eating according to the template with one or two palm-size portions of protein, added fat, and between 1-3 cups of veggies. Some days I've haven't had an appetite but I've still managed to eat through it. I heard that eating a sweet potato with Meal #3 could help with sleep which I been trying but, alas, no such luck.

Has anyone else felt his way? Will this phase pass? Any advice or red flags you see? Thanks, all!

How are your stress levels? Do you practice good sleep hygiene? Black out curtains in your room.... dimming the lights after sunset.... bedroom cooler than oter rooms.... no screen time before bed.... same bed-time/wake up time each day..... some time outdoors each day....? Do you take a magnesium supplement?

I had the exact same thing around that time! Then the moderator was like "you need to actually eat breakfast" and that fixed it like magic. No matter how you feel in the morning, make yourself a hearty, balanced meal and eat as much of it as you possibly can even it's not all in one sitting. 

Feel better!

• Administrators

@Happy Camper - losing sleep quality at the beginning is pretty common, keep on and it should definitely improve. Speaking from personal experience and being a champion sleeper, I was horrified in the first 14 days of my first Whole30 to find that my sleep went to h#ll.  Happily, it improved and most of the time is even better than previously. It's usually an issue of hormone rebalancing and depending on what you did with food prior to Whole30, that rebalancing process can be disruptive.

Archived