HHHHHhhhh

Wholey32

So I have come to the realization that I suck at doing this diet! I didn't do enough research before starting it and kind of discover little bits as I go.

First thing I did wrong was eating a ton of nuts and seeds. The next thing I did wrong was I bought some evoo cooking spray I was really excited about. I didn't even think to look on the label for "no-no" additives. I found out yesterday (day 16) that it has organic alcohol grain in it. Last weekend I went out of town for the weekend and pretty much ate nothing but bananas and almonds so I wouldn't cheat. It was a whirlwind weekend and planning meals wasn't an option. I also consumed some other fruits.

I have been so proud of myself for not cheating up until this point. It's a pretty complicated diet for me because I am not much of a cook and I am also a picky eater! I read some other entries on here and realized I am doing it all wrong. I kind of eat small meals throughout the day...like a banana for bfast with a handful of nuts, an orange and some nuts for lunch, and egg for a snack, then a pretty decent dinner of either chicken or beef and some veggies. I get really tired of meat and eggs pretty fast bc of the fact I don't cook, so my options are limited.

The reason I am concerned is I can absolutely tell I haven't lost any weight. Even though I feel as if I should lose something for cutting out all of the crap I used to eat and because I eat a lot less than I used to. I am pretty sure I need to start over and do it right. Right? I have several questions. One is should I be eating a every meal like I do for dinner? I guess I also need to know if its ok to snack my meals, or should I eat them all together? Also, can I take a cheat day in between now and when I start over? I am getting tired of my eating choices. I had experienced the joy of feeling like food was no longer in control of me...that I can make decisions based on my body and not the control of food. I didn't crave junk and I felt good. After the wedding weekend, however, I feel cravings again and I feel hungrier more often. Help!

You don't suck - it's just, as you said, you need to do a bit more research. Have you read the book because it does lay it out really clearly and it's easy to read and follow.

Fruit and nuts don't constitute a meal or an ideal snack. They won't help regulate the insulin which will make it really hard (for me read impossible) to lose weight. Ideally you should be eating 3 meals a day of protein, good fats and veggies, limiting fruit to one or two portions a day and going easy on the nuts, especially if you want to lose weight.

If you don't mind me putting in my tuppenceworth, what I would do, is do a bit more research, learn a couple of easy recipies that you can rotate, (it's really easy to plonk a piece of meat or a chicken with some stock and veggies into a slow cooker and let it do it's thing) organise your groceries, plan a couple of days menus and then jump right in and join the party. You won't regret it, honest :)

Archived