Official start after my test drive

Robertaworley

It was about mid August that I was introduced to the Whole30. Then it was August 18th that I decided to give it a test drive. I've done Weight Watchers, South Beach and the Reboot. Something deep down inside me knew those weren't the answers for me.

My test drive lasted a little longer than I wanted it to but with good reason. My  maternal grandmother turned one hundred years old September 4th! 

Our decision for me to fly back (we live in WA and she lives in WI) came a bit last minute. And as I wanted to give myself every opportunity to succeed, the test drive continued until my official start date of September 12th.

During my time in WI, plus here at home, I found I still had a taste for sweets prior to embarking upon my Whole30 journey. I also have learned about the land of twenty questions when dining out. There are some restaurants I'll never let my shadow fall across their doorstep again, while others I greatly look forward to. There's been only two instances, thus far, that have nothing available. And for as much as we eat out (we own a small business), that says a lot.

My biggest challenge at home isn't cooking. That's something I enjoy plus most of the time I have to think outside the box. No, my biggest challenge is the amount of dishes I'm able to dirty when making a meal! Still, I'm finding I'd rather eat at home than to enter the land of twenty questions!

Not only am I eating more healthy, food tastes better and I have regained having an appetite! Here's to another twenty seven days!

What a bum! Barely out of the gate (Day 3 din din) when I'd been hit by a peanut missile! If I'd only had the lemongrass chicken, I'd be singing a different tune. Ah, c'est la vie.

So, where do I go from here? Do I pay out another $14.95 or do I wing it? Wings to be cooked in homemade ghee as there is no better.

Please. Send help. 10Q

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Robertaworley said:

What a bum! Barely out of the gate (Day 3 din din) when I'd been hit by a peanut missile! If I'd only had the lemongrass chicken, I'd be singing a different tune. Ah, c'est la vie.

So, where do I go from here? Do I pay out another $14.95 or do I wing it? Wings to be cooked in homemade ghee as there is no better.

Please. Send help. 10Q

$14.95? Was that for the daily emails? If so, on today's, instead of clicking that you were successful, click that you weren't, and they'll restart at day 1 tomorrow, no extra charge.

Made it through Day 5 of round 2 and DING! I have to restart. Oh, RASPBERRY PARFAIT! Was doing good until I had homemade iced tea this morning, Day 6.

Have to remember to read the label first when I'm uncertain. As my dear mom used to say, if at first you don't succeed: try, try again. And wave bye bye to the tea with artificial flavoring! It is OUTA HERE!!!!

Archived