Anyone starting September 19th?

Wendy and Frankie

My husband and I are starting our 3rd Whole 30 on September 19th.  We did our first one in February this year, and another in May.  My husband lost 17 pounds (between both W30's), and I lost 11.  We felt great afterwards, and continued to eat pretty well for a while.  But we've gotten a bit lazy and over-indulgent in our eating lately, and are starting another one to clean up our guts and get back on track.  I've gained five pounds back, which all seem to have gone to my belly. :( I'm looking forward to eating better, and won't miss much from my diet, except my almost daily glass (or 2) of wine.  

I started September 12th, but then fell off the wagon two days later due to peanuts in the curry I had ordered. WAH. But I climbed back on and doing better.  Even had Chinese food yesterday to help my friend celebrate her birthday.  I had steamed chicken with veggies (no corn) and a side of steamed green beans.  Brought my own Coconut Aminos with me.  It was very good.

The weird part about it is that I thought I called the restaurant ahead of time.  We've eaten at this particular Chinese food place numerous times in the past and know the owners quite well.  They had no idea who I had talked with because no one with the name I mentioned even works there!

Even though I started a bit earlier than yourselves, I'm willing to chat. :wacko:

Welcome, Robertaworley!  Day 2 is going ok, but if I don't get busy and prepare some meals ahead of time, this menu of fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch (with egg for protein), and a baked potato for dinner is going to get old real fast.  I know I need to have protein for breakfast, but I just don't feel like eating much first thing, and I got really tired of eggs during my previous W30's.   I also miss my coffee creamer, but so far black tea and a teabag of a fruit flavored herbal tea are getting me through the morning caffeine wise.  

I didn't succumb to the donuts in the break room, but I do miss my nightly glass of wine.  :(

Archived