September 20th Whole30: ready (or not), get set, GO!

margaretlogan7

Hi forum family, 

After my 22nd birthday, and going off of the Whole30 eating guidelines, I felt gross and was having issues with food. I also have PCOS and eating Whole30 compliant has been helping me with my hormones and overall wellbeing. Starting tomorrow, because today I had fish sticks and spinach fries <3, I will resume adhering to eating clean and will begin my next Whole30. I would LOVE people to join and we could support each other on this journey! 

Cant wait! 

ready (or not), get set, GO! 

Hi! I just replied to a thread that you commented on (two people with 9/19 start dates) when I noticed that you were starting today. That was before I saw this thread. I'm starting today, too. So you've completed a Whole30 in the past? I've tried several times but didn't make it.

Yes! How is it going?? Check out my blog MyWhole30 that I am starting where I will record meals, struggles, and whatnot. I have done the Whole30 3 times before - the first two times, I slipped both times around 2 weeks in but on my third attempt, I finally completed the Whole30. After I had completed it, I felt so much better and didn't crave any of the old unhealthy foods! Since then, I decided that I wanted to follow a Whole30 diet for the rest of my life and have been adhering to this eating since June 10th. That being said, to celebrate my 22nd birthday on September 14th, I went off the whole30 diet for two days. I felt terrible, especially after all the fries and cake I ate. So I decided to start again! Today is day 2 and I hate to say that I am craving a giant piece of cookie cake...its awful that by just one "slip up" or diversion from being Whole30 compliant (even after 3 months of being Whole30 compliant), your body can start to crave all those sugary processed foods again. We can do this! Lets hold each other accountable all the way through, because once you reach the end and your body is trained to no longer crave those foods, it's totally worth it!! :) 

Well, then there's hope for me! So far, so good. I'm just very tired, as I mentioned in my food log. I'm also amazed that it takes so much longer for us to start to feel the positive benefits of a Whole30 diet change than it does to feel like crap after a 'treat' meal. It's actually scary. What is in our food?? 

Hope you're having a good day today and still going strong! I'll check out your blog. :)

^ So true, and Im so bummed because I gave into the temptations of sugar cookies last night :( I don't understand how I could go so strong for 3 months and then reintroduce these artificially heightened sweet treats and all of a sudden crave them nonstop. Im putting the breaks on though. NO MORE. Today is a restart - day 1 

Archived