Help!!! Im not sure if I need to restart my Whole30

T_Rebultan

So I was feeding my daughter chicken with salsa and rice, and some of the rice kept sticking to my hand. Instinctively, I went to eat it and I caught myself. Twice. A few minutes later (while still feeding my daughter) I feel some sort of food particle in my mouth. Keep in mind I had a few pistachios a bit before, so it may have been those. However, I kept freaking out thinking "Oh no! What if I ate some rice that stuck to my hand and didn't realize it?!?" Silly right? I thought so to. Until about an hour later when I was having a bit of  stomach pain accompanied by its best friend, gas. And there may have been more gas than I care to admit. Anywho, the question I'm trying to get to is this: Do I need to restart my Whole30 due to some rice I may or may not have eaten?

• Moderators

If you're pretty sure you caught yourself without eating the rice, the gas could be coincidental -- nuts, raw vegetables, or cruciferous vegetables can cause gas, or depending on where you are in your Whole30, it could just be a natural part the process.

You could keep going and at the end of your initial 30 days, if you're still concerned you might have had some rice, or even if you just think you might benefit from going on a bit longer, you could add on days to make sure you definitely got 30 days straight.

Archived