Anyone else get...a cold?

emily123

So weird. Re-introduced alcohol first with a few glasses of organic wine with friends (no noticable issue), then the next day really went all-out with toast for breakfast, ramen for lunch, and pasta followed by a beer for dinner (evidently I was missing my gluten haha). I NEVER got sick before the whole30, and I woke up this morning more congested than ever and with a crazy sore throat. Also couldn't stay asleep last night and kept tossing and turning. Anyone else get anything like this? Weirdly feels a lot like the "carb flu" I really felt during the first week of Whole30. 

my mom used to moan at me that whenever she spoke to me on the phone I had a cold, was it always the same one or had I got rid of it, and another one come back.  That was before I found W30.  I don't now remember the last time I had a cold, sniff, flu, cough, or other similar ailment.  odd that isn't it?

I had an acquaintance say that she gets a runny nose every time she has gluten . . . so I'm going to be super-aware when I reintroduce gluten. (My nose is clear for the first time in YEARS -- and I'm not carrying a box of tissues around all the time. I suspect it might be the gluten....)

Archived