High End of the Template ?

Cyclemama

• Moderators

The meal template calls for "filling your plate with veggies" and does not suggest 1-3 cups. The concept of eating 1-3 cups per meal was invented by moderators offering advice in language that is more specific than "fill your plate with veggies." One cup of veggies falls short of what the meal template intends for meals. Maybe three cups achieves what is intended, but not necessarily. Sometimes people spread salad leaves on a plate and call that filling a plate with veggies. That falls way short of what is intended.

I like to say, fill your plate with "cooked" veggies and pile them high if you are hungry or very active. I have been known to eat plates piled 1.5 to 2 inches high. Most people most of the time do not need to eat so much, but there are times when high metabolism people really need to eat sizable meals. I could not eat that much when I adopted this approach to eating, but I developed the capacity to eat big meals over time. When I first started, I ate 4 or 5 meals per day. Knowing it was better to let the body rest between meals, I eventually got to where I could eat enough in 3 meals to keep me satisfied. 

Page 190.  ISWF.  ^^^  This.  Almost word for word.  Thanks for reminding us it's just that easy. 

I'm curious and searching through the book...where did the "broccoli and fish" come from?

Ha!  Just found it on page 197.  "hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli?"

Archived