Roberta's Whole30 Log

Robertaworley

Up until today, September 21,  I'd been doing pretty good other than having to restart on the 15th.  On that round, I had only made it to Day 3.  Today was Day 6 and I thought I was doing good.  Thought.  Until I had some tea and read the label after the fact.  That tea is gone now.  No need for a repeat of that and also found some other tea that was non compliant. Tomorrow will be Day 1, for the 2nd repeat time.

But, as my husband reminded me this morning (after my fail), I'm learning a lot.  And that I am.

Another fail was my first attempt at making homemade mayo.  Talk about runny.  Perhaps I'll try again another day...*sigh* It was probably not the best idea for me to try to conquer that one. Live & learn...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Robertaworley said:

Another fail was my first attempt at making homemade mayo.  Talk about runny.  Perhaps I'll try again another day...*sigh* It was probably not the best idea for me to try to conquer that one. Live & learn...

Mayo is worth it, so try again. If you have an immersion blender, this is by far the easiest way to make it, but you can do it with a hand mixer or a food processor or even by hand with a whisk, so keep trying. And if your runny mayo tasted okay, use it as a salad dressing. Maybe even stick it in the fridge and reblend it tomorrow and see if it'll thicken up.

Archived