Walking while eating lunch

LiL WiLL

Hey all!  I am new to Whole30 (Day 5 down!) and it has definitely been a learning process thus far.  I workout 5-6 days a week, but while at work, I walk on my breaks and lunch break.  My question is regarding my walk during lunch.  I am curious because the pre-workout meal is designated to prepare your body for high intensity exercise so I wasn't sure if eating and walking at the same time would possibly send my body mixed signals.  In It Starts With Food, they mention not having any distractions like the tv or cell phones while eating, but I wasn't sure if walking would be considered a distraction as well.  Any input on walking while eating my lunch would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Greetings.  Do you normally walk at a high intensity and eat lunch at the same time. How about walking on the breaks and then taking your lunch.  Your body will thank you. You can find some stairs for the other spare moments in your day to make up the difference. 

• Moderators

I think walking while you eat your lunch is not in the spirit of the Whole30 and eating mindfully. Technically you can do it, but I would encourage you to organize your time differently. I would also not want trying to walk while you eat influence what you eat for lunch. The best lunch will include a palm-size portion of protein or two and a plateful of cooked veggies. That is not good walking food. 

Meadowlilly, I normally walk leisurely outside, while the weather is still nice.

Thank you both for your recommendations.  I took your advice and decided not to walk during my lunch.  With such hectic work days, it was nice to sit, relax, and enjoy my lunch.  I definitely want to be Whole30 compliant in all aspects, as best as I can!

On 9/22/2016 at 1:28 PM, Tom Denham said:

I would also not want trying to walk while you eat influence what you eat for lunch. 

Haha I'm picturing someone walking while eating off a plate.

You know how zookeepers have those belt pouches where they keep feed for animals?  Maybe I could rig up a pouch that would hold pre-peeled hard-boiled eggs and olives or something ... that might be good walking food. ;)

Archived