Reminder to self

Herta

I am now around three weeks past my first Whole30. I have stayed mostly compliant, with an anniversary dinner as my main 'sin' (very much enjoyed, but I had to pay with more painful hands for a few days). A bit of rice occasionally is no problem for me I have found. To remind myself to stay on track, I have the following in my notes on my iPhone:

I SHOULD GO BACK TO EATING WHAT "EVERYBODY" EATS IF I WANT TO ENJOY:

- not being able to fall asleep for 30-60 minutes till my knees 'settle down'

- having sore feet from pressure in bed

- not being able to walk longer distances because the top of my right foot hurts (result of old injury)

- hardly being able to wear my nice sandals on my right foot

- hardly being able to cut my toe nails

- not pressing anything with my arthritic right index finger

- using chopsticks with constant pain

- having pain in the thumb joint when I grip something with my right hand

- keeping the bedroom windows tightly closed during ragweed season

- not being able to sit outside in the evening during ragweed season

- fitting again into my 2X or 3X clothes

- having little energy on most days

- having a decidedly unhappy colon

IF I THEN ALSO START GOING TO BED LATE AGAIN, ALL WILL BE LIKE IT WAS BEFORE. OH, HAPPINESS!!! :-(

• 2 months later...

Yes, slept with my window open the whole ragweed season. I could never have done that normally. I can also have fragrant blooms in the room now. That used to be a sure way to get a wheezy chest. I have kept to the W30 mostly since the beginning of August. I have not done any formal re-introductions, but I can occasionally eat rice with a meal. I think my main issue is gluten, but I don't need the other stuff, I just sin a bit on special occasions.

Archived