Sign in to follow this  
Karen_Suep

Broccoli rice at TJs!

Did you get some?  Tried it yet?

I was just there yesterday and did not see it, but I was running through pretty quickly!  I have a Nutri Ninja so could make it myself.  I already do cauliflower and cabbage rice this way.  Maybe I could do a combo?

Thanks for the idea!

I just roasted it. It's basically the stalks that have been grated so you could totally make it yourself. I just eat it with garlic powder and salt after roasting until soft. I thought about making it a part of a blended soup but not yet. It's staying unusually warm here. 

I bought this broccoli rice at TJ's too.  I added to a skillet with ghee, added salt, pepper, garlic seasoning - to make it like a pilaf. I was really excited to try it since I like the cauliflower rice so much. Well I can say if I were to buy it again, I'd have to cook much longer. It was hard, too crunchy - didn't taste all that great to me and I LOVE broccoli and most all vegetables.  It's all made from the stalks so it's tough and should be thoroughly cooked... :)

I saved up all my broccoli stalks for the past week or so, and grated them (after peeling off some of the tough outer parts); it's a good way to use up the stalks after cutting off all the florets for other dishes! Works as a dish by itself or mixed with cauliflower rice.

Stephanie