New to the Whole30

Decided to start this week for the first time ever. Today was my first day and I'm already feeling kind of bad. Is this normal? I don't really feel like myself and I'm having some serious urges to eat carbs plus I've been hungry all day. Luckily for me I always have snacks with me like baby carrots or a banana but I feel like I need more to get me full. What are you guys doing to stay full all day. I feel like without anytime of carbs or grains its going to take a lot of effort to stay full all day. My energy level was pretty low as well. Right now I'm in bed because I can't really stand to do anything else today.

I'm open for any suggestions. I'm hoping I will get over this horrible feeling I'm having as I get further in the program but I'm getting a little discouraged all ready.

Monique - Welcome to the forum.

Folks experience different levels of discomfort at different times during the initial Whole30. It's too early to determine much about what might be causing your distress. However, I would suggest having high quality protein and good fats available to round out your snacks. In fact, snacks typically are just smaller meals. And remember that veggies are carbs, too! The Whole30 is not a low carb eating plan. We're eliminating junk carbs, but adding in lots and lots of veggies!

Be sure you're drinking lots of water and thinking happy thoughts! Never underestimate what impact your attitude may be having on your outcome! :)

Best wishes!

Thanks...I think I was still come down off of my weekend of loading up on junk food and alcohol at my running group annual spring camp out. I think I will survive the next month. I just have to eat bigger portions because I'm use to eating small portions but with eating a lot of veggies I realized I have to eat a tad bit more to compensate for the bread, rice, and potatoes I'm not eating with my meals. I'll make it...I'll just keep posting on here for support. Thanks!!

Hi Monique!

I'm on day 9. The first few days were tough for me and I had no energy mixed with horrible headaches. Please just stick with it, before you know it, it will be day 30! I make sure I eat a good serving of green vegetables with every meal, a good amount of protein and some fat. I usually eat the same thing over and over... ground beef patty, avocado and broccoli. Get your carbs from the veggies you're eating and drink a LOT of water! It really does help :) I would also suggest not eating too many bananas. They have a lot of natural sugar and you should limit the amount of fruit you consume during your whole30.

Good luck! You can do this :)

Archived