Intense Stomach Pain after Workout

Hi, I'm on day 4 of my Whole30 and just did my first workout since I started.

My go-to during the week is usually 15 minutes of heavy sprinting for one minute, then jogging for one minute, followed by 20 minutes of moderate elliptical use.

I've done this many times and never had a problem, but this morning by the time I got to my last sprint, my stomach had turned to lead and I could barely stay standing, never mind do the rest of my elliptical!

I've never felt stomach pain like that before, it wasn't 'gassy pain' and it was spread all the way from beneath my ribs to my lower stomach. It went away after about 10 minutes of sitting down. Does anybody know what this might be from?

I had breakfast of scrambled eggs with butter and an orange about an hour and a half before my workout.

On weekends I usually kick up my workouts and tomorrow morning I'm hoping to get through a yoga, metabolic conditioning and zumba class. (Which I've done before no problem)

Any advice on how to avoid this happening next time/get through tomorrow without having to sit it out due to pain?

Thanks!

Beth

Hi Beth,

I have had this happen, once before, when running. It came out of the clear blue sky, I couldn't make heads or tails of it! For me, it didn't feel like that "gassy" pain either but I couldn't imagine what else would be causing it.

I know, I'm no help. But I feel your pain.

Sara

Archived