October 3rd start

frogtox

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also started my second Whole30 today, 10/3.

Good luck to you both, frogtox & audream!

I will actually be doing a Whole25 with this one starting on the 3rd, and needing to end on Friday 10/28, for I'm meeting up with a childhood friend for a weekend in celebration of my upcoming 55th birthday, and we are going Tree Canopy Ziplining.   I'm actually pleased to be back on a stretch of time of the Whole30 way of eating, fully compliant, ahead of that, and during that weekend, will do what I can to be aware and eating mostly good, healthy choices.  But it will definitely be the end of full compliance for this second round.

I feel ok with this choice, for my husband and I were totally compliant for the first Whole30 for the month of August and a little beyond, with great results, and have kept to mostly compliant since then other than for specific social reasons.   We'll likely do a third stretch of multi-compliant (14) days from early Nov. to the day before Thanksgiving.

I hope each time we add other foods back in, to get better at continuing to make good healthy food choices.  I know I haven't beaten my sugar monster yet, and when I allow it back in my diet, I still really want it.

How did you both do today for your first day?

You can do this - it's truly a logical and smart way of eating and improving your life.

13 hours ago, frogtox said:

Anyone starting a whole30 on 3 October? I can join the 1 October group if there aren't many. I just tend to be a Monday  morning start person. That, and I wanted my Whole30 to overlap with Halloween.

Hi there.  I started my whole 30 today. October 3rd. Will be happy to follow along...this is my 3rd whole 30 (-:

Wondering if the multi-posting bug has worked itself out. 

I can't find a thread that people are using, so I'm just going to post here.. please join if you've just started!

This is my fourth Whole30. I tend to do one every six months or so, after I've slipped back into old habits.  I've always had a lot of success with feeling better and weight loss but life gets in the way (working full time, two busy kids) and I begin to rely on what's easy. Regardless of the fact that 90% of what I eat is good, I really respond to the restrictions of a Whole30. 

Day 3-- Wish me luck! :) 

So, given the Timeline and what to expect in different phases of the program, (and since there seem to be plenty of us who started on the 3rd)...I'd like to stick with 10/3 starters. If that's not an option I'll go with 10/1.  I contacted Whole30 about the Forum multiple posting "bug" and they said it should have been fixed by last night.  Guess I'll find out when I post this...here goes !

Lord, what's up with this multiple posting!

So, day 4, aka kill all things day. I don't feel as edgy as I did on day 2, so maybe I'm going to be okay? 

I have heartburn so badly today I don't want to eat, and it's lunchtime. Part of the reason for my doing another Whole30 was that my heartburn has been horrible the last few weeks, so I knew I needed a change. I think I'm going to try to choke down half my lunch to see if it makes me feel better. 

2 minutes ago, 4windsrider said:

So, given the Timeline and what to expect in different phases of the program, (and since there seem to be plenty of us who started on the 3rd)...I'd like to stick with 10/3 starters. If that's not an option I'll go with 10/1.  I contacted Whole30 about the Forum multiple posting "bug" and they said it should have been fixed by last night.  Guess I'll find out when I post this...here goes !

They made it worse, apparently, haha

Can I join you all?  I officially started yesterday, 10/5, so I'm a couple of days behind.  I was dropping things around the edge of my diet and kept saying tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, when Tues. I poured a glass of wine and my DH said "I thought you were starting that paleo, no alcohol thing again."  I did say it, didn't think he was listening, but glad he called me out, so today is day 2.

This is my 3rd whole 30 and it will be a whole 40 at least because I have a half marathon coming up and that was why I wanted to clean up my eating anyway so I go at least until then.  I've done several little 7-14 day stretches and ate pretty close to whole 30 even before doing the first one.  Really, my two big vices are cheese and wine (in that order)  I do have a sweet tooth too and I'll be happy to have my sugar dragon back under control.  

Good luck Kellydawne! I'm a runner too, although part of my problem lately is that I haven't been running regularly enough and my weight started creeping up. When that happens my motivation dips more, then my diet goes to heck... vicious cycle.  I think over the next few weeks my gut is going to do a lot of healing. After five days I already feel better, although my heartburm is still killing me. 

I love cheese and wine too (not in that order, lol)... no sweet tooth here, but I could eat an entire bag of cheese popcorn in one sitting. :)

4windsrider, how are you doing?

Hi, this is my second time around (actually I'm continuing my first Whole30 for another month).  Haven't been able to post for days, and the forums seem to be in disarray, but I'm wanting one to focus on and get to know people, etc.  I found my September 5th forum to be very helpful in the process.  I'm doing well.  Oddly, the sugar demon has arisen again, after being to expertly fought.  I had some kabocha squash, so I cut it in 3/4 inch wedges and roasted it with some coconut oil and sprinkles of salt and cinnamon.  Ate a couple wedges with some almond butter, and that did the trick. Anyway, hi to all of you, and good luck.  If I can do this, anybody can.

Checking in-

Hope everyone is still plugging along.  I'm feeling good about having rules again & I'm keeping it simple at the moment.  

Frogtox, actually after the first week no dairy I'm good without cheese.  I think I could not add it back but once it creeps in the amount grows.  I do really really miss my wine though, so probably I enjoy the wine more as long as I don't add dairy back in.

My weight is up from where I'm most comfortable at the moment.  We live in a tourist destination & we had regular house guests from American Thanksgiving last year through August, a little of this, a little of that, disrupted exercise....  You know, life.

Hi Bellad!  Good for you for committing to continuing.  

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hey everyone! I started on October 5th, same as kellydawne, and this will be my second Whole30 - the first was several years ago, and while I completed it without any slip-ups, I did not do the reintroduction thing, which in retrospect was a bad idea. That's what it's all about, after all! Got a copy of FFF, which gave me the motivation to start again. This time I intend to follow the reintroduction protocol, though I am a little worried about a trip to San Fran on Day 31 to visit my BF. Looks like wine will be my first reintro item...

Did a big Sprouts shopping trip today and cooked up a bunch of breakfast items to throw in the freezer since that's my most challenging meal. I have a few more proteins to batch cook this weekend, then I should be pretty set for a good ten days.

Hope everyone's doing well today!

Hello everyone!  I started my 1st Whole 30 on 10/3 and I'm feeling pretty good.  Days 1-3 I was feeling pretty sluggish and was ready for bed by 8pm.  Other than a few minor headaches, I'm really happy I made this decision.  Will be going to the grocery store shortly and get my meal prep out of the way.   Looking forward to pork chops with apple sauce on a bed of greens!

Becs- speaking from past experience, be mindful with your wine reintro.  My first w30 was followed by a girls night out & I was feeling the effects much more quickly than before my w30!

Madgab- sounds like a great dinner plan!  You should have more energy tomorrow, but you may be a bit irritable even though you feel better.

Hi Everyone! Have a bunch of health problems and my cousin told me about Whole 30. I purchased the "It Starts with Food"  and a week later (October 3rd) started the Whole 30! Completed day 7 today and I am feeling pretty pumped. I have definitely been feeling the lethargic side affect but have only had a few minor headaches. I realized yesterday that I was using fruit to appease the sugar demon so I am trying to cut down my fruit consumption moving forward. About 30 mins ago though, I was staring a little to intensely at a freshly made cinnamon bun that my house mate just made,  so she told me to go join the forum to keep myself on track,  so here I am! :D 

Archived