Eggs

Kristina C Herold

Strangely enough I have found that cold things work for me. I have been eating tuna/chicken/salmon salad a lot for breakfast. Also things like chicken apple sausage or meatballs with a side of slaw.  I have struggled with breakfast and somehow that's what has been working for me recently

Start thinking in terms of meals one, two & three rather than breakfast, lunch & dinner and a whole realm of possibilities will open up for you.

You could also google 'whole30 non egg breakfasts' or 'whole30 non traditional breakfasts' for a number of past discussions on this topic as it comes up regularly! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This morning, I reheated some of my ground beef mix (onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers), leftover zucchini noodles, and roasted Brussels sprouts. I stirred in some salsa and had grape tomatoes on the side. Very tasty. A fried egg or two would have been good, right on top of the whole mess.

I made up a batch of Perfect Sausages, and popped them into the freezer. They thaw/reheat in the microwave in a minute or two, and make the protein base for a yummy quick breakfast, on top of a salad or with some cooked veggies and one of the yummy sauces from the book. If I have a workout scheduled that day, I add some yam or squash left over from a previous meal. I think you can also find compliant sausages at some stores. All the best with your #1 meals!

Archived