Job Contrasts with Whole30

Raven

Does anyone else out there have a job that contrasts with Whole30?  Like, selling supplements or demoing products that aren't Whole30?  If so, how do you deal with it?

I work two jobs, one at a natural foods store where we sell and demo many different health products, and another where I sell supplements and things that aren't all Whole30.  I try to remind myself that Whole30 isn't for everyone and maybe these things will work better for other people.  But sometimes I feel sold to myself and even though I know Whole30 is best for me, I want to buy what I'm selling.

Hi Raven,  I used to work as a personal trainer in a big box gym where we had to push supplements and methods of exercising that went against the whole30/paleo way of life.   For me, my beliefs eventually won and I had to quit that job because I felt like I was actually hindering those people's progress towards success.  I think your best bet is to really listen to what the people are asking you for and to guide them towards what they need.  If they show interest to know more, then you can give them more info.

@kanmuri  Thank you!  Yes, I feel that's the direction I'm headed, but it's a struggle to go that way when I need the money from the jobs I currently have.  Ha!

I am considering going back to school for nutrition or something unrelated to food/nutrition/supplements/health at all!  But again:  Money...

This is an option to study holistic nutrition: http://nutritionaltherapy.com/  It's a recognized association and aside from occasional on site workshops (different locations in the States and Canada) it's all online.  You can also become a Primal Blueprint expert through Mark Sisson's program.  I did the program and you can get an amazing base (science and practice) and just pay about 98$/month.  I'm not affiliated to any of those two, but I did enjoy doing Sisson's certification.

Archived